The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Puts a sort of depressing spin on the whole show, really...

not like it's been all that uplifting either lol

MTA: the only real character that I like is Daryl. He seems to be the only character that is doing any growing. The rest (most) are going downhill

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jeffdonahue

not like it's been all that uplifting either lol

MTA: the only real character that I like is Daryl. He seems to be the only character that is doing any growing. The rest (most) are going downhill

I'm hoping that that changes now - Carl should grow up now that he killed Dale, and I really think that Shane (though he added drama to the show) was the reason that the group was "broken" and with him gone, maybe they can regroup and pull themselves together and be more of a team.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They end up in a large field, that at first you figure is in the middle of nowhere.  But a few minutes later (after Shane is dead), Carl shows up (I hat that kid BTW) and you see that the field they are in is in perfect view of the house. and only a few hundred yards away.  If Shane was trying to do that with nobody seeing, he was a freaking idiot.

I had the same thought...unless he somehow wanted someone to see, thinking it would come down to Rick killing him and it appearing that Rick did so with no good reason...poor, sweet, innocent Shane.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I still love Glenn, too, even though he's kind of a sucker, some of the time.  I think he has grown some balls in recent episodes.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I still love Glenn, too, even though he's kind of a sucker, some of the time.  I think he has grown some balls in recent episodes.

his role seemed a bit lighter the last couple episodes and was it just me or did he freeze again last night when the walker attacked him and Darryl?

I did notice that T-Dawg had a few more lines last night.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

his role seemed a bit lighter the last couple episodes and was it just me or did he freeze again last night when the walker attacked him and Darryl?

I did notice that T-Dawg had a few more lines last night.

He did freeze, briefly...then he nailed the machete to zombie Randall's head, huzzah!

T-Dawg...I think he gets offed next week, unfortunately.  I do like him and wish they'd done more with him than just set him as the token black guy.  It makes me wonder if we're going to see the black dad and kid from early in the first season, again.  Rick hasn't walkie-talkied them since the beginning of this season.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

They wouldn't go out of there way to have people point out there were no bite marks if those victims were actually bitten.  Shane and Rick noticing that those cops weren't bitten, and Daryl noticing that Randall hadn't been bitten have been put in there for a reason, and I do imagine that this concept of everyone already being infected is why.  Freaky.

In fact, maybe that's how the "virus" began all along.  Maybe humanity got infected with it, and corpses started reanimating first.  Only no one is alive (at least onscreen) who actually knows that fact (except maybe Rick via CDC Jenner).  That would explain Rick giving those guys in the bar headshots when they were already dead.  He's probably keeping this to himself because it's so damn depressing.  Unless you can work some head trauma in there, your options are:

• Get bit --> die --> zombify
                • die --> zombify

I was thinking the same thing that the BWE people were thinking about Daryl's tracking ability.  Yes, I know he is Daryl Motherf*ckin' Dixon, but there's now way he's seeing all that in the pitch dark.

Can't wait for this Sunday, and then a week later, Mad Men starts back up.  AMC is becoming indispensable.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was thinking the same thing that the BWE people were thinking about Daryl's tracking ability.  Yes, I know he is Daryl Motherf*ckin' Dixon, but there's now way he's seeing all that in the pitch dark.

Can't wait for this Sunday, and then a week later, Mad Men starts back up.  AMC is becoming indispensable.

Stop messing with my Darryl worship by suggesting that he's not the most badass "forensic tracker" that ever walked the Earth! Tongue  Speaking of Darryl, I really thought we'd have seen Merle this season.  I'm almost certain that I'd read a spoiler between season 1 and 2 that stated that he was definitely still alive.

I REALLY wish I'd watched Mad Men from the start, as does DH.  Now I feel like it's been on far too long for us to catch up.  Though I am totally eager for Hell On Wheels to restart.

~ Sarah Kay

Stop messing with my Darryl worship by suggesting that he's not the most badass "forensic tracker" that ever walked the Earth! Tongue  Speaking of Darryl, I really thought we'd have seen Merle this season.  I'm almost certain that I'd read a spoiler between season 1 and 2 that stated that he was definitely still alive.

I REALLY wish I'd watched Mad Men from the start, as does DH.  Now I feel like it's been on far too long for us to catch up.  Though I am totally eager for Hell On Wheels to restart.

Speaking of Merle, I read something that I think is a possibility. What if he's the "leader" of the group that Randal was a part of?????? Wouldn't that be something

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I posted two months ago to pony up for Netflix streaming and catch up on Mad Men.  Don't say you weren't warned. Joking

We know Merle got down to the kitchen in that building and I thought we saw evidence that that he cauterized his stump.  I'm sure he's still alive.

A commenter on the BWE thread suggested that Merle could be running the show with that bad-ass gang that Randall was running with.  That would make sense and set up a pretty interesting conflict next season between Daryl and him.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Speaking of Merle, I read something that I think is a possibility. What if he's the "leader" of the group that Randal was a part of?????? Wouldn't that be something

Damn, Rockenmama beat me to it.

Durrr

Again, that concept of the dead rising first is very much in keeping with the Romero Night of the Living Dead/Dawn of the Dead tradition.

I was trying to recall if, at any point on The Walking Dead series, someone had died from non-zombie related causes (e.g., the Philly goes getting blown away in the bar) and not risen as a walker. But in the rare cases where this has happened (e.g. again, the Philly guys, or Dale after getting ripped open rather than bitten), the dying/deceased has been promptly shot in the head --- almost too late in the case of Shane.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, Rockenmama beat me to it.

That had sort of crossed my mind, as well.  When I first saw the little preview of that episode in the bar I actually thought it was Merle that entered the bar.  Didn't those guys say that they'd gone through Atlanta, too?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was trying to recall if, at any point on The Walking Dead series, someone had died from non-zombie related causes (e.g., the Philly goes getting blown away in the bar) and not risen as a walker. But in the rare cases where this has happened (e.g. again, the Philly guys, or Dale after getting ripped open rather than bitten), the dying/deceased has been promptly shot in the head --- almost too late in the case of Shane.

I've been wracking my brain trying to recall if there were any dead who stayed dead without having been shot in the head...and I can't remember any, either.

~ Sarah Kay

e454545rt

I wonder if the baby will come out a zombie, haha.