The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am really excited for season 3!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hannibal Granite

She's a cunt. I cheered when Glenn told Maggie that he loves her.

I think Lori still had feelings for Shane, things were rocky w/ Rick before he got shot and so it was easy for her to hook up with Shane when she thought Rick was dead.  When Rick came back she felt obligated to him and of course still had feelings for him, but was very much conflicted.  She pitted those two against one another, either intentionally or unintentionally, and now that the decision has been taken away from her she is pissed - she doesn't have a backup man anymore.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Lori still had feelings for Shane, things were rocky w/ Rick before he got shot and so it was easy for her to hook up with Shane when she thought Rick was dead.  When Rick came back she felt obligated to him and of course still had feelings for him, but was very much conflicted.  She pitted those two against one another, either intentionally or unintentionally, and now that the decision has been taken away from her she is pissed - she doesn't have a backup man anymore.

Yep, I think you pretty much nailed it.  And I suspect she believes the baby is Shane's.  I'm predicting she dies in childbirth and Rick has to shoot her in the head.

I still wonder if the baby will be the key to finding a vaccine, though.  DH is convinced it's a fungus, I still think it's viral.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a question for y'all (talking like Maggie). My son is blasting through the graphic novels.  We bought him the first 3 with a GC he got for Christmas.  He read them in <24 hours and is like a junkie looking for his next fix.

Anyhow, he keeps dropping damned spoilers.  He keeps secrets worse than my kid sister (which is bad...she tells us what she's getting us for gifts as she's buying them).  So I'm thinking maybe I should just read the novels, even if it means knowing what's going to happen.  I just wonder if it will lessen the experience of watching the show...or maybe it will serve to leave me waiting with bated breath to see how the show creators turn 2D books into fleshed-out (heh) technicolor drama...?

WWYD?

~ Sarah Kay

Hannibal Granite

Zoomy - I've read some, but not all, of the comics and I would recommend the reading the books if you like the story.  For me it is interesting to compare how the show is different from the comics and as time goes on I think they will only be more divergent especially in the details even if the overall plotline is basically the same.  For example, Shane gets killed, or actually kills himself, much earlier in the comics than in the show and the whole first season I keep thinking when is Shane going to off himself and by season two I realize he's not going to do that b/c his character in the show is quite different than his character in the book.  Also, there is do Darryl in the books and I cannot imagine the show without him.  I'm not sure if that means he'll always be a loner, and therefore not really attatched to the other main characters or if he will truly emerge as a leader and be more integrated with the group (i.e. a decision maker) and be able to take the show in a direction that the books don't go - I guess I'll have to keep watching Smile     

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting.  I did page through a bit in the first book and the parts with the RV and Rick finding his family looked similar, but seemed to happen pretty fast.  My kid kept asking about Shane.  I'm tempted to get Netflix at some point just so he can sort of catch-up.  He's totally fascinated by the characters.  There are a lot that he talks about that aren't on the show, though.  He gets puzzled when I talk about characters on the show that aren't in the books.  And it looks like the whole prison setting is reached in the first book (I think it was the first book).  The show really does seem to add a lot.  Makes me wonder how many years they're hoping to squeeze out of it.

Speaking of my kid and his graphic novels, He's such a zombie nut.  This weekend he watched Dawn of the Dead at least twice and the special features of Zombieland (he will pretty much watch every movie once through, then the director's commentary).  He also watched The Thing with his dad, yesterday...and couldn't fall asleep last night.  Buggy monster things are far scarier to him than the undead.  He can't get enough of the Reavers in Firefly/Serenity, either.  He's read both of Max Brooks' books numerous times, as well as Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies.  I know if he starts watching the show that he's going to analyze the shit out of it.  But it beats his obsession with first-person shooter weaponry...sheesh.

~ Sarah Kay

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

She's a cunt. I cheered when Glenn told Maggie that he loves her.

+1 can't wait until next season. Haven't watched "Talking Dead" yet, will do that tonight. I remember that they mentioned that the show diverges from the novels. Similar yet different, I guess for dramatic effect and different mediums of delivery.

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I must add that I'm glad Herschel's still alive.  I've really liked him subsequent to the scene in the bar.  Last night it looked like he was going to end up on the buffet.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BWE's last recap of season 2 is out.  The Herschel animated gif made me laugh.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I don't have any business here, but throwing this out for you.

The Walking Dead vs. March Madness

Imminent Catastrophe

The first season was on my flight so I watched the first two episodes. Now I might be hooked but I have to avoid the spoilers on this thread!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

“Christ promised a resurrection of the dead.  I just thought he had something a little different in mind.”

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

“Christ promised a resurrection of the dead.  I just thought he had something a little different in mind.”

OMG, we both laughed so hard at that line!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

Hannibal Granite

I watched the episode w/ a friend of mine who also happens to be a young minister and we both agreed that God works in mysterious ways and that he has sense of humor, but that we both really hoped this wasn't the plan for resurrection