The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

Spooky!

So, now that I'm watching it again, I am totally spooked again, running in the park early in the morning.  And the acorns are not helping :-) 

But, yeah, I'm not worried about rapist, or muggers, just "walkers"    LOL

Listen to this.  I finally realized that Rick and the group are like animals.  I mean, animals are always searching for food, always hiding from predators, always trying to protect their young.    

Running through the park early this morning,  I saw deer, rabbits, and a few other creatures.   I felt like I was the walker when I saw their reaction to me.    

Weird, eh? 

- Anya

Land of the Dead is pretty cool in a B-movie sort of way, especially if you're at all a fan of John Leguizamo.  PLUS Simon Pegg has a TEENY cameo as a zombie.  I never would have recognized him, though.

I'm also a fan of 28 Days/Weeks Later.  I also like the remake of Dawn of the Dead, even though it was set in Milwaukee and not a single person actually sounded like they were from Milwaukee.

One of these days I need to find Juan of the Dead.  I love subtitled movies...subtitles with zombies--even better!

What was the movie in the eighties, where some kids opened a sealed container in a morgue,( or someplace like that.  A cemetery?)  and the fumes created zombies?

I just remember there was a dog cross section that came to life.    Man, that was cool. 

It was a cool movie because a couple of the people were going into rigor mortis, and they didn't even know they were dead. 

I also loved 28 days later. Loved it!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What was the movie in the eighties, where some kids opened a sealed container in a morgue,( or someplace like that.  A cemetery?)  and the fumes created zombies?

I just remember there was a dog cross section that came to life.    Man, that was cool. 

It was a cool movie because a couple of the people were going into rigor mortis, and they didn't even know they were dead. 

Was that movie House...?  I think maybe that's the one.  That sounds sort of familiar.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I also loved 28 days later. Loved it!

I believe that one was "The Return of the Living Dead" (1985). 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

I remember the scene where they released the gas.  I also remember the corny scene towards the end where one of the guys that got sprayed with the gas was then a zombie and he is trying to break into the attic where his girlfriend is (okay, maybe ex-girlfriend at that point) and he starts yelling "I can smell your brain!"  Good stuff.

I believe that one was "The Return of the Living Dead" (1985). 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

I remember the scene where they released the gas.  I also remember the corny scene towards the end where one of the guys that got sprayed with the gas was then a zombie and he is trying to break into the attic where his girlfriend is (okay, maybe ex-girlfriend at that point) and he starts yelling "I can smell your brain!"  Good stuff.

ha! that's the one !   

- Anya

Was that movie House...?  I think maybe that's the one.  That sounds sort of familiar.

House would be the crazy Japanese movie from the 70s

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

House would be the crazy Japanese movie from the 70s

I was thinking this House...actually, I was really foggily remembering House II.  Mostly I think I was vaguely remembering the little dog-like monster thing.

~ Sarah Kay

I was thinking this House...actually, I was really foggily remembering House II.  Mostly I think I was vaguely remembering the little dog-like monster thing.

Yes, this one, too funny!!!  I remember Cliff from Cheers in it.   Hilarious !

- Anya

vegefrog

Almost time! So happy that the Shane drama is over...this season should be GREAT!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Carl has really aged over the Summer!

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

Last night was awesome. This season looks like it will be very good. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                        Gatorade Endurance Team

jeffdonahue

Almost time! So happy that the Shane drama is over...this season should be GREAT!

Looked to me like the Shane drama wasnt quite over last night - Rick seems to hate Lori (and I thought at the end of last season that it was she who hated him for killing Shane).

Season looks good so far though - lots of walker action in cleaning out the prison so far.  One thing I didnt get was why all those walkers were huddled in that one area and not wandering aimlessly even though the gate was open.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looked to me like the Shane drama wasnt quite over last night - Rick seems to hate Lori (and I thought at the end of last season that it was she who hated him for killing Shane).

Season looks good so far though - lots of walker action in cleaning out the prison so far.  One thing I didnt get was why all those walkers were huddled in that one area and not wandering aimlessly even though the gate was open.

I'm wondering if he simply reached the limit of his patience with her--because she blamed him for Shane's death, which was a pretty beyond-the-pale sort of response from his own wife.  I think Rick's behavior is to be expected.  He's done with being the nice guy who tries to make everyone happy, since it's not possible to do so.

I wonder how many more zombies are still inside the prison.  That moment of guys popping up in the cafeteria, though...those weren't zombies, right?  I need to go back and watch that.

Poor Herschel.

How long before Carol and Daryl (god, I hate the way those names rhyme!) are knockin' boots?

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I'm wondering if he simply reached the limit of his patience with her--because she blamed him for Shane's death, which was a pretty beyond-the-pale sort of response from his own wife.  I think Rick's behavior is to be expected.  He's done with being the nice guy who tries to make everyone happy, since it's not possible to do so.

I wonder how many more zombies are still inside the prison.  That moment of guys popping up in the cafeteria, though...those weren't zombies, right?  I need to go back and watch that.

Poor Herschel.

How long before Carol and Daryl (god, I hate the way those names rhyme!) are knockin' boots?

Those were NOT zombies (one of them spoke).  But also, from reading the graphic novel, they did meet some guys in the prison when they got there.  Though in the books, I think there was only 3-4 of them, I dont remember how many there were in there last night, but it looked like quite a few.

I got the impression that they had already knocked boots and she was just looking for it again.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got the impression that they had already knocked boots and she was just looking for it again.

I didn't catch exactly what she said to him.  I don't think there's a way to watch it online for a couple of weeks, either...damn AMC!

~ Sarah Kay