The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

jeffdonahue

I didn't catch exactly what she said to him.  I don't think there's a way to watch it online for a couple of weeks, either...damn AMC!

I think I deleted it from my DVR but with the new Verizon system I think I might be able to recall it - I'll check tonight and try to get what she said.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Carol said something to the effect of "That was sweet.  Wanna screw around?"

I think that a zombie baby eating Lori from the inside out would be the most awesome thing in the history of the existence of the earth's existence.  I vote for that.

MTA:  Holy. Shit.

MTA: What I loved about this episode was the spare dialog. Not a word until about 5 minutes in.   What was said propelled things forward.  Without a lot of exposition, we find out that several months have passed (via baby bump, Hershel's beard), that they made it though the winter. Great storytelling is when you can tell the story without saying much.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I didn't catch exactly what she said to him.  I don't think there's a way to watch it online for a couple of weeks, either...damn AMC!

AMC has made it available for a short period of time: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/episode-301-the-walking-dead

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think that a zombie baby eating Lori from the inside out would be the most awesome thing in the history of the existence of the earth's existence.  I vote for that.

MTA:  Holy. Shit.

MTA: What I loved about this episode was the spare dialog. Not a word until about 5 minutes in.   What was said propelled things forward.  Without a lot of exposition, we find out that several months have passed (via baby bump, Hershel's beard), that they made it though the winter. Great storytelling is when you can tell the story without saying much.

What he said...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

AMC has made it available for a short period of time: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/episode-301-the-walking-dead

Sweet!  I think they were doing something like this for Hell On Wheels, too....but I never could figure out what the window of opportunity was.  I checked earlier and didn't see the full episode on the site.  Thanks!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting...the AMC online video has the exact ads that the show has and it's not in a format where you're forced to watch them, though I did happen to zip ahead to the spot with the Lincoln ad.  When did Massive Attack sell out and have one of their songs featured in a TV ad....?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Carol said something to the effect of "That was sweet.  Wanna screw around?"

Huh...so I just watched it again and that's definitely what she said.  I thought that's what she said, but neither DH nor I caught it exactly and I wondered if I misheard it.  She sorta mumbles it.   So, were they just funnin', or have they actually done the deed (and how did I miss THAT)?  There's long been a weird chemistry between them, but they seem really an odd match.  I mean, I get Maggie and Glenn and they are kind of a quirky pair, but they work.  Carol and Daryl even sound dumb...perhaps if their names didn't rhyme the pairing wouldn't seem contrived.  She seems kinda old.  Maybe she's a cougar! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

vegefrog

YES!!!

I think this season is gonna be awesome! Carol and Daryl, kind of grosses me out. Because he's my fave and she's...blah. LOL.

ultramarathon/triathlete

My pregnant wife, watching it with me, did NOT like that part.  And the babies were kickin pretty crazy, which I found really funny given the moment.  She didn't agree. 

Also, I thought it was funny when Daryl said he'd go down first (from the van) and Carol said something about that sounding good to her. They haven't knocked shitkickers yet, but they will.  Nothin like a little hillbilly love. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                    Gatorade Endurance Team

jeffdonahue

I havent been able to figure out Carol's age yet.  She looks older, but she did have a daughter about Carl's age so she could be younger than she seems.  And didnt she have a fat husband who used to beat her back in Season one - I dont remember him being that old either.

I watched it again last night and what she said was "Kind of romantic... screw around?"  So yeah, either they've already done the deed or they are getting close.  I've read teh books and it's tough to say where they are going with some characters because there was no Daryl in the book, and Carol's daughter was still alive when they got to the prison.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I havent been able to figure out Carol's age yet.  She looks older, but she did have a daughter about Carl's age so she could be younger than she seems.  And didnt she have a fat husband who used to beat her back in Season one - I dont remember him being that old either.

I watched it again last night and what she said was "Kind of romantic... screw around?"  So yeah, either they've already done the deed or they are getting close.  I've read teh books and it's tough to say where they are going with some characters because there was no Daryl in the book, and Carol's daughter was still alive when they got to the prison.

Yeah, I don't think they've done anything...yet.  But they're definitely on good terms and it's not like they have a wealth of other sexy-time options.

She did have an abusive husband.  Shane nearly beat him to death (one of the few times I was cheering for Shane), then a zombie finished the deed.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

They also seem to be hinting at a potential romance between Carl and Hershel's other, blonder daughter (I can't for the life of me think of her name), which is kind of creepy since Carl seems to be about 11 and she looks like she could be 20 (or maybe she's meant to be a teenager). I'm thinking of that scene where Carl and the girl are checking out bunk beds in the prison cell until Hershel pops in and is basically like, "Boy, back away from my daughter and go find yer own cell."

ultramarathon/triathlete

I thought the same thing.  Kids group up fast in a zombie infested world I guess.    And yeah, she does look muuuchhhhh older than Carl, which I'd say is gross but considering the lack of population, I guess necessary. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They also seem to be hinting at a potential romance between Carl and Hershel's other, blonder daughter (I can't for the life of me think of her name), which is kind of creepy since Carl seems to be about 11 and she looks like she could be 20 (or maybe she's meant to be a teenager). I'm thinking of that scene where Carl and the girl are checking out bunk beds in the prison cell until Hershel pops in and is basically like, "Boy, back away from my daughter and go find yer own cell."

OK, so it wasn't just me who was all "huh...really?!"

Yeah, my kid is probably a bit older than Carl (I want to say he's supposed to be 9 or 10 by now.  My son is almost 12) and still isn't convinced that girls aren't really weird and a little icky.

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

OK, so it wasn't just me who was all "huh...really?!"

Yeah, my kid is probably a bit older than Carl (I want to say he's supposed to be 9 or 10 by now.  My son is almost 12) and still isn't convinced that girls aren't really weird and a little icky.

Yeah, but how many zombies has your kid shot in the face, point blank?  That'll make a little kid interested in girls, apparently. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                                Gatorade Endurance Team