The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

For some reason I thought they had already been through a Winter, but maybe not.  We know there was a gap between seasons 2 and 3, but now that I think of it, season 2 pretty much picked-up right where 1 left off, didn't it.

In the first episode this season, they mentioned having already made it through the winter twice -- once with Rick et al, and also in a conversation between Michonne (aka Katana-sword-wielding-badass) and Andrea. 

[ASIDE] I think Michonne's has "pet" walkers to help cover her human scent.  

So for timeframe, the through-the-winter remarks puts this season early spring (that's why I'm saying March or April), and the 10-month mention from the prisoners give us a rough idea of when everything started (i.e March/April minus 10 months).  So they've had one winter that was offscreen between seasons 2 and 3.  ZZ is right that season 1 spilled right into season 2 -- S2 started right after the CDC explosion that ended S1.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder, too, if the prison was late to be overrun.  Seems like that could easily have been one of the last places to have been "infected."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

A huge collection of still active walker heads on display in a stack of fish tanks ... nope, nothing creepy about this guy.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's pretty evil, methinks.

~ Sarah Kay

Governor's creepy. And did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between Andrea and his deceased wife (from the picture)?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between Andrea and his deceased wife (from the picture)?

I kind of did...creepy.

~ Sarah Kay

Governor's creepy. And did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between Andrea and his deceased wife (from the picture)?

You know... I honestly can't say they did from my view... but good catch.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else wondering what's in the tea...?

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

A huge collection of still active walker heads on display in a stack of fish tanks ... nope, nothing creepy about this guy.

Were those walker heads? I thought that one was the pilot...I thought that at least some of those were people he had executed. Did anyone else see the pilot?
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Were those walker heads? I thought that one was the pilot...I thought that at least some of those were people he had executed. Did anyone else see the pilot?

Yeah, unless the pilot died and turned it appears that some of those folks were not walkers (or, "biters"), but people he took out.  Eek!

You know, I'm really looking forward to the eventual reuniting of Daryl and Merle.  I have a feeling Daryl might have to kick big brother's ass.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Here's what I found ironic.  Merle had his hand cut off because he wanted to kill the black guy (who's still alive and whose name I still do not know).

But now he's working in Woodbury and right alongside at least one black guy that he seems to get along with fine.  Why isnt he still spouting racial slurs.

And as far as the Governor goes, not sure what's coming but the heads floating in the water is not nearly as creepy as what he had in the original comic book.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's what I found ironic.  Merle had his hand cut off because he wanted to kill the black guy (who's still alive and whose name I still do not know).

But now he's working in Woodbury and right alongside at least one black guy that he seems to get along with fine.  Why isnt he still spouting racial slurs.

And as far as the Governor goes, not sure what's coming but the heads floating in the water is not nearly as creepy as what he had in the original comic book.

Dammit, I want to know...I haven't decided if I want to read the books.  I don't want spoilers or to be distracted by all of the differences from books to TV series.

I wonder if Merle works with the guy at Woodbury because that guy is a beast and has a big f'ing gun!  I'd pretend to get along with him if I were a flaming racist, too.

~ Sarah Kay

That one head was definitely the pilot.  After seeing Governor and his crew take out the military boys, I figured the pilot was "offed" as soon as he revealed the location of his boys.  No need for him any longer.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That one head was definitely the pilot.  After seeing Governor and his crew take out the military boys, I figured the pilot was "offed" as soon as he revealed the location of his boys.  No need for him any longer.

And no need for the Governor to create a story about his boys.  Looks like Michonne is going to discover the truth, though.  She didn't drink the tea, did she?  I wonder if Andrea is being drugged and will be turned against Michonne.

Which brings me to something else I noticed.  Gov had a woman in his bed, not his wife.  I wonder if he's marked Andrea to be next in line.

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

Andrea seems to be marking herself as next in line. 

And I'm suprised at how tame Merle seems to be now.  He's like an eager little puppy in this new setting...really trying to please.