The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyway, this thread blows.

Have some self-control, man! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

I hate this thread. I am through season 2 on Netflix and have been holding off on buying season 3 on ITunes....but I am incontinent when it comes to TWD...and just can't stay away from reading this sht. Awful. I know.

Anyway, this thread blows.

I can't watch it on Sunday night, since that's time to watch my kid's favorite show.  I save it for my dreadmill run on Monday afternoon, so I have something to look forward to after Monday at a middle school AND a faculty meeting.

Anyway, I have to avoid this thread and all of Zoomy's Facebook posts for 24 hours.  I feel your pain. 

T-Dawg's sacrfice will not be in vain...Carol got out, and Daryl will realize how much he cares for her.

lagwagon

The death of T-dawg was a shame (I liked him) but it also provided one of the best gore-tastic kills.  When the neck-biter ripped the flesh off his nape, I had to look away...seriously.  Well done.

I also like Glen's fruit ninja-esque zombie melon-split.

I was very annoyed by the whole birthing scene on too many levels to vent here.  Didn't mind Rick's reaction, I was whining and carrying on in my living room throughout the preceding scene.

Think they'll be able to regain / hold the prison?  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was very annoyed by the whole birthing scene on too many levels to vent here.  Didn't mind Rick's reaction, I was whining and carrying on in my living room throughout the preceding scene.

Vent away--there were many things about that scene that bothered me.  What woman goes from first contraction to being ready to push in a matter of minutes?  My MIL had super short labor with my DH (45 minutes...she didn't mess around.  My mom's longest labor at 3 hours with me--a breech baby--sounds like an eternity compared to that), but that is still way longer than Lori's labor, assuming that things moved mostly in real time.  She had like, what, 3 contractions?  I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief to some degree, but at least half of the viewing audience last night had to have been watching that brief process with a WTF reaction, I know I did.  There could have been and should have been more build-up and longer drawn-out tension with the whole L&D thing.

My DH joked "well, it is her 2nd child." Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Got to watch the episode last night and had a few comments.

Rick's reaction is kind of exactly what I would have expected - horror and rage that his wife (whom he is probably pissed that he never made up with now) and the fact that he realized Carl had to off her.  The scene wasnt long enough for him to hold his child I dont htink - from the previews it looks like Rick is about to lose it.  In fact when they first came out, his demeanor really reminded me of Shane a lot.

I really htought Andrea and the Governor were going to kiss.

I think Merle is getting a bit pissed that the Gov wont let him leave, and he may leave anyway or go on some rampage and help Andrea and MIchonne escape (knowing that if they leave the Gov will probably just hunt them down and kill them to get back the supplies they gave them).

Sorry to see T-Dawg go, and I definitely think Carol is still alive, but they really cant drag out he being missing like they did for her daughter. 

Comparison to the book - they have seriously strayed away from the books again last night.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Comparison to the book - they have seriously strayed away from the books again last night.

I've got no problem with this information as long as you don't tell us how they strayed.  Wink

Kinda glad that they didn't drag out the labor thing.  I know it wasn't realistic (my wife was in labor for 27 hours for our third), but the point of that very poignant scene was the sacrifice that Lori made, and the awful burden that Carl will have carry, so I think they spend their time focusing on the thing that packed the most emotional punch.  Still a little disappointed that 'the killer within" (the name of the episode) didn't turn out to be a zombie baby.

Sort of aside, but I just finished reading World War Z, and am now starting The Zombie Survival Guide.   World War Z is being made into a movie starring Brad Pitt coming out next year -- the first trailer comes out this Thursday.  Zombies in these works seem to behave very much like Walking Dead zombies, except that the virus is only transmitted via biting/contact -- there's none of that everyone's-already-infected-thing.

These books are grim and realistic (as they can be), but not without a dry sense of humor:

No information -- historical, experimental, or otherwise -- has surfaced regarding the results of sexual relations with an undead specimen...Warning against such an act would be useless, as the only people deranged enough to try would be unconcerned for their own safety...

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack 

1. Organize before they rise! 
              2. They feel no fear, why should you?
              3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
              4. Blades don’t need reloading.
              5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
              6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it. 
              7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
              8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
              9. No place is safe, only safer. 
              10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sort of aside, but I just finished reading World War Z, and am now starting The Zombie Survival Guide.   World War Z is being made into a movie starring Brad Pitt coming out next year -- the first trailer comes out this Thursday.  Zombies in these works seem to behave very much like Walking Dead zombies, except that the virus is only transmitted via biting/contact -- there's none of that everyone's-already-infected-thing.

These books are grim and realistic (as they can be), but not without a dry sense of humor:

No information -- historical, experimental, or otherwise -- has surfaced regarding the results of sexual relations with an undead specimen...Warning against such an act would be useless, as the only people deranged enough to try would be unconcerned for their own safety...

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack 

1. Organize before they rise! 
                2. They feel no fear, why should you?
                3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
                4. Blades don’t need reloading.
                5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
                6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it. 
                7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
                8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
                9. No place is safe, only safer. 
                10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

DS has read these books repeatedly and is really excited for a movie.  He has educated us on the 10 lessons repeatedly.  7 is a rule we've got!  Our only question is mtn or CX?  The CX is lighter and faster, but cantilever brakes are noisy and could attract attention.  Discs are quieter.

I need to read these.  What sort of role will Pitt be playing?  I miss him in sort of unhinged roles, like his characters in 12 Monkeys and Inglourious Basterds.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I need to read these.  What sort of role will Pitt be playing?  I miss him in sort of unhinged roles, like his characters in 12 Monkeys and Inglourious Basterds.

I think Pitt plays a UN worker trying piece things together as a world wide zombie pandemic breaks out.  I, too, like him more unhinged.  12 Monkeys was the first time that I realized the actually can act.  Don't forget about Figh..... oh wait, I'm not supposed talk about that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Pitt plays a UN worker trying piece things together as a world wide zombie pandemic breaks out.  I, too, like him more unhinged.  12 Monkeys was the first time that I realized the actually can act.  Don't forget about Figh..... oh wait, I'm not supposed talk about that.

Fight Club is one of those movies we've not seen and always forget about until we get home from the video store (Boondock Saints and Run, Lola, Run are other movies that we're forever saying we need to see, but have yet to rent).  I can't get DH on board with Netflix, otherwise I'm sure that would be high on the queue.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

There is a movie, Deadgirl, that delves into that very subject. I had it in my Netflix queue once, but then chickened out and removed it after reading a review that warned "Some things can never be unseen after you've seen them."

jeffdonahue

If it is like the book, the book is written as a series of interviews after the zombie epidemic is done (though they do state that it never really ends because there are still some undead out there that we havent found yet), so my guess would be Pitt is the person making the interviews.

Durrr

Wasn't there some other movie involving Brad Pitt and an interview about ghoulish creatures?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Fight Club is one of those movies we've not seen 

You're dead to me.

Actually, that's not really fair -- I only first saw this over the summer.

You're undead to me.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If it is like the book, the book is written as a series of interviews after the zombie epidemic is done (though they do state that it never really ends because there are still some undead out there that we havent found yet), so my guess would be Pitt is the person making the interviews.

I am guessing that the movie will not follow the book's interview-style format, but instead be a striaghtahead thriller.  Just a guess, though.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

we get home from the video store 

What is this "video store" you speak of?