The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

I still say something's in the tea, or other beverages supplied in the gov's town.

This entire town is Roll eyes, but I'd kinda like to know what research that one guy is doing is. Things took a turn for the what the hell after this past episode.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
    jeffdonahue

Great episode last night - now that was the Governor and Woodbury I remember from the books. 

Still though, a few confusing things to me. 

First, Glenn said they needed 3 graves - were those for Lori, T-Dawg and Carol?  I dont remember them finding Carol.

Also, Rick comes across the spot where Lori had the baby - how did he know that was where she had the baby?  He never spoke to any of them before he went all insane with and axe.  And where the hell was Lori's body?  Did that other walker eat her and was that why his stomach was so fat?  There was no indication that they had gone to get her, especially faster than Rick would have gotten there.  There was a trail of blood moving away from where she had the baby, like she had been dragged away.

But they had dug 3 holes, and in the end had filled in 3 holes.  Do we assume they found Lori and Carol and buried them?  I assumed the grave that Darryl put the flower on was Carol, but again... dont remember them finding her.

Love the scene at the end with the phone ringing - way to end the show!

Durrr

Well, it seemed like Rick's rampage had gone on for some time before he came across the place of the birth (in the meantime there was that encounter he had with Glenn), and then I believe he found some clue on the floor that indicated that that's where Lori had been (I couldn't tell exactly what it was). But it's still bizarre that the bloated walker had managed to eat ALL of Lori (even the bones??), especially since she was already dead and I thought that biters were only interested in living flesh --- though I suppose the very recently deceased are good enough. And then there was the matter of Rick wildly stabbing the thing's stomach, as though he were stabbing Lori. Was this him releasing his long-suppressed, true feelings of hatred for Lori for everything involving Shane? Then I took it that the phone ringing was a call from insanity.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But they had dug 3 holes, and in the end had filled in 3 holes.  Do we assume they found Lori and Carol and buried them?  I assumed the grave that Darryl put the flower on was Carol, but again... dont remember them finding her.

I didn't see them find her, either...which makes me think she's probably holed-up somewhere.  But they learned what happened when Carol's DD went missing, so it's sorta understandable that they'd assume she's dead.

Crazy Rick Grimes is CRAZAY!!!

The zombie-that-ate-Lori scene was icky, but I guess he could have eaten an entire Lori -- she wasn't very big. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I think what he found was the bullet that Carl had shot through Lori's skull.  But I got the impression when he came upon that spot that he KNEW that was where she had died (though there was no indication of her).

The bloated walker was kind of funny though - looked like he was in one of those post-Turkey coma's on Thanksgiving day.

I was kind of hoping that Carl had screwed the job up and Lori was walking around somewhere.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think what he found was the bullet that Carl had shot through Lori's skull.  But I got the impression when he came upon that spot that he KNEW that was where she had died (though there was no indication of her).

The bloated walker was kind of funny though - looked like he was in one of those post-Turkey coma's on Thanksgiving day.

I was kind of hoping that Carl had screwed the job up and Lori was walking around somewhere.

DH and I weren't sure that the bullet actually hit Lori...we kind of wonder if Carl shot, but intentionally missed.  Wait, are we even sure that zombie Lori might not still be shuffling around?  Could it be coincidental that that bloated zombie is sitting at the end of her blood trail or maybe that he ate part of her, but not all of her?  Whoa... Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

DH and I weren't sure that the bullet actually hit Lori...we kind of wonder if Carl shot, but intentionally missed.  Wait, are we even sure that zombie Lori might not still be shuffling around?  Could it be coincidental that that bloated zombie is sitting at the end of her blood trail or maybe that he ate part of her, but not all of her?  Whoa... Shocked

Ya on the Talking Dead, the Director confirmed that was the bullet that killed Lori and that zombie at  all of her, mmmmmm

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ya on the Talking Dead, the Director confirmed that was the bullet that killed Lori and that zombie at  all of her, mmmmmm

Crunchy.

~ Sarah Kay

Love the scene at the end with the phone ringing - way to end the show!

The three graves had me wondering too.  We know T-Dawg died and the crew found him when cruising through the prison.  We all can assume that the porky walker just devoured Lori so her body was gone.  Carol got away and nobody has seen her since.  You can't just off a main character like that without showing the audience?  You would have to find her bitten, and shoot her in the head.  Then you'd have body you can bury.  That's alot to just leave out for the audience.

On a side note...it was nice to see Michonne in action last night.  She just kicks ass. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On a side note...it was nice to see Michonne in action last night.  She just kicks ass. 

She does!  I'm already grossed-out by Andrea's involvement with the Gov.  Michonne should have knocked Andrea unconscious and dragged her along.  What happens when Rick et al inevitably meet up with Andrea & Gov.?  My guess is Michonne will have met up with Rick's group and things will become particularly awkward.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

She does!  I'm already grossed-out by Andrea's involvement with the Gov.  Michonne should have knocked Andrea unconscious and dragged her along.  What happens when Rick et al inevitably meet up with Andrea & Gov.?  My guess is Michonne will have met up with Rick's group and things will become particularly awkward.

yeah, but it looks from teh previews for next week like Andrea comes to her senses and escapes over the wall.

Kind of a shame the Gob is a psycho.  It was kind of nice to see that some people were able to set up a community that is safe and has some sense of normalcy (agian, aside from the psycho Governor

As for the guy doing experiments (going back a few posts) I was thinking about this and given that the Gov seems to have his Walker daughter in captivity, I am thinking the Gov is trying to cure her or figure out how to adapt Walkers to society.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As for the guy doing experiments (going back a few posts) I was thinking about this and given that the Gov seems to have his Walker daughter in captivity, I am thinking the Gov is trying to cure her or figure out how to adapt Walkers to society.

It's an odd relationship, for sure.  Some of them are used for entertainment purposes, but he seems to view his DZD (dear zombie daughter) as just a particularly unruly child.

I can't figure out the scientist's place in all of this.  He was clearly very uncomfortable at the "gladiator" event.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I can't figure out the scientist's place in all of this.  He was clearly very uncomfortable at the "gladiator" event.

I got the impression that he doesnt necessarily want to be doing whatever research he is doing.  Perhaps he is just being forced to by the Gov, and resents it.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got the impression that he doesnt necessarily want to be doing whatever research he is doing.  Perhaps he is just being forced to by the Gov, and resents it.

That's the impression I get, too.  I need to go back and watch the scene where we first meet him...am I recalling that he worked for the CDC before it was evacuated, or am I just imagining that...?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One of my friends is a huge DD fan (like, who isn't?!).  She's posting some awesome stuff on FB...

~ Sarah Kay