The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So it's pretty apparent now on The Walking Dead that whenever the group gets a prospective new black male member, the current "token" becomes doomed to death. Out went T-Dog, in came Oskar. And now out goes Oskar, in comes (Wire guy?).

We noticed this, too.  I wonder if we'll see the father/son from season 1 ever again...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Samurai in Training

So it's pretty apparent now on The Walking Dead that whenever the group gets a prospective new black male member, the current "token" becomes doomed to death. Out went T-Dog, in came Oskar. And now out goes Oskar, in comes (Wire guy?).

Not true... I've seen several black people walking around Woodbury Roll eyes

This is rather interesting though.  I don't know if I have seen many black walkers either.   Hmmmm.   I thought Oskar was going to have a larger role than he does.  Handle Bar Mustache guy annoys me a bit.. they should kill him off soon.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Handle Bar Mustache guy annoys me a bit.. they should kill him off soon.

I thought Carol handled him well.  (Well, this IS interesting... No it's not.)

I think one of the best moments was a subtle one.  There was an instant where it appeared that the Gov's "daughter" was responding to him and calming.  Then you (and he) realize that she's just shifted her attention to a bowl of raw meat (Mr Coleman?).  Nicely done.

I was surprised that the Gov threw Merle under the bus, but a little reading in the Internets reminded me that Merle had lied about killing Michonne -- Gov was no doubt a lottle steamed at ol' Merle for that.  It does provide a twist that I didn't see coming -- I thought we'd see Daryl Motherf*****g Dixon have to make a choice between his crew and his bro, but now we're possible heading towards a very uncomfortable alliance between Merle and the prison gang.  Interesting.

I, too, am bothered by the Law of Conservation of Black Male Characters on Walking Dead.  Tyrese is apparently a popular comic book character (don't tell me what happens to him in the comics), so hopefully they'll do more with him than with T-Dog and Oscar.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

alywheel

I want to hear a status on the father/son from the pilot.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I, too, am bothered by the Law of Conservation of Black Male Characters on Walking Dead.

It's like they're wearing red shirts...

~ Sarah Kay

RaiderGwen

DH and I caught this when T-Dog died.  

We called it 'Red-Shirt' syndrome: A reference to ANY red shirt getting beamed down in the original Star Trek would not return.

The Wire guy is Chad Coleman.  Smoking Hot IMHO

Daryl v Merll:  Two men enter • One man leaves . . . 

"The best day is today, even if it's kind of a sucky day."  - Lazarus Lake

alywheel

I, too, am bothered by the Law of Conservation of Black Male Characters on Walking Dead.  Tyrese is apparently a popular comic book character (don't tell me what happens to him in the comics), so hopefully they'll do more with him than with T-Dog and Oscar.

Tyreese and his crew seem to have retained a bit more humanity than Rick's crew. And Rick seems to be fading (hallucinations, etc), so I wonder how leader-Tyreese and leader-Rick will mesh together. Also, was it supposed to be common viewer knowledge that there is an easy way into the prison? Or is that a new twist?
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Also, was it supposed to be common viewer knowledge that there is an easy way into the prison? Or is that a new twist?

The easy access to the prison seemed a little contrived.  Considering that they'd secured the prison, you think they would've noticed a gaping hole in the back fence, not to mention the destroyed building.  What the hell happened there?

Crazy random thought.  In the early days of the zombie plague, what if someone went zombie on a long, transoceanic plane flight?  By the time it landed, it's a plane full of walkers.  Bad-ass.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Samurai in Training

Also, was it supposed to be common viewer knowledge that there is an easy way into the prison? Or is that a new twist?

If I remember correctly, they couldn't determine how walkers kept getting in.  Remember, they thought it was the prisoners that let them in.   Clearly, the entire prison hasn't been explored and they don't know about it yet.  I don't think it was very obvious though. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Crazy random thought.  In the early days of the zombie plague, what if someone went zombie on a long, transoceanic plane flight?  By the time it landed, it's a plane full of walkers.  Bad-ass.

How has this never been a movie premise?!

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

They address this in the book World War Z.  Good reading!

Durrr

How has this never been a movie premise?!

"Get these mother******g walkers off this mother******g plane!" -T. Dog (said during his previously unrevealed backstory).

New group at the prison, wonder how they'll be woven into the bloody drama.

Nevermind, I should have read more posts...somebody already mentioned the token black guy. 

Samurai in Training

So, when does the next episode come out?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So, when does the next episode come out?

Feb.

~ Sarah Kay