The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

jeffdonahue

Okay, dont read on if you didnt watch the season finale and dont want a few clues about what happened.

Damn, I really thought they were going to kill off Carl last night.  When they had him hang back a bit at the end, I was on the edge of my seat thinking it would happen.

Not a bad season finale, but honestly predictable in what I thought was going to happen given the whole Terminus information up to that point.  Did anyone else notice the painted words on teh walls as the gruop was running room to room.  the one that caught my eye the most was "We First. Always."  It seemed very "Animal Farm" to me - 'Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad'

And seriously, I think I saw a pile of human bones.  Me thinkst they eateth their captured.

bap

There's a spin-off coming in 2015 with a different set characters. It may be a prequel.

More jobs for British actors I guess.

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

bap

I'm usually a bit um-arr about some of the plot details of The Walking Dead but I do find it entertaining.

But I have questions like, why didn't the prison have any armored vehicles? Why didn't they spend some of the 2 years they were there shoring up the outer defenses? Why didn't they armor their cars? How do the walkers keep up when the survivors run away?

By the way, if you saw Talking Dead, they did consider using the f-word in the last line of the series but didn't think they would get away with it.

Certified Running Coach
        Crocked since 2013

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a spin-off coming in 2015 with a different set characters. It may be a prequel.

Already been done.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And seriously, I think I saw a pile of human bones.  Me thinkst they eateth their captured.

If you think you saw it, I KNOW I saw it.

My theory: Tyrese, Carol, and Beth help them escape.  Big shit will go down when they have weapons, again.  Those "snipers" couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, clearly.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also, I think Michonne is the best mother Carl could ever have.  Far warmer and more honest than Lori ever was.  And a better protector.  Lori was too busy humping her husband's BFF to keep an eye on her kid.

~ Sarah Kay

CT JEFF

Also, I think Michonne is the best mother Carl could ever have.  Far warmer and more honest than Lori ever was.  And a better protector.  Lori was too busy humping her husband's BFF to keep an eye on her kid.

the snipers were clearly hearding the group. Rick even says "they're shooting at our feet" in the "We First Always" room. Didnt see the bones, but how do you have so many candles burning? Fat. Where did you get the fat? People.

As for Lori, it wasnt so much that she wasnt watching Carl, but more the fact that she was 100% annoying. Lori, "hey can you go talk to Shane Rick? He's being a douche". 2 seconds later. "Did you really have to talk to Shane? Maybe we should just give him some room" - If it werent for Carl, Im pretty sure Rick would have handed the keys to that car over.

I agree Carol and Tyrese, and super quiet baby are going to lend a hand freeing the group. Possibly. Rick is like a rabid dog, and he didnt see the signs until they were surrounded at the front gate. Unless the Train car group can get out of that box, how would anyone help them. Should be an interesting coversation between Daryl and Maggie. Oh. Did the Dr going to Washington end up in the train car? I didnt see his face in there. I really hope he told someone the "solution" to the outbreak. He spent days walking around with people. That might have been a good topic at one point to discuss. You know. In case he dies.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Dream Maker

As I said, cannibals.

Why do you think they had Rick show that hunting method of funneling in the rabbit?

Foreshadowing for being funneled into Terminus.

That's why they didn't want to kill them... They even wanted to avoid killing them from the roof with the snipers, or injuring in a way they might die (and infect the rest of the stock)

They want to keep them alive as livestock. There's not refrigeration in the apocalypse.

Dream Maker

I really hope he told someone the "solution" to the outbreak. He spent days walking around with people. That might have been a good topic at one point to discuss. You know. In case he dies.

His only solution is how to survive in the zombie apocalypse with no survival skills. He's got nothing but enough understanding of science to convince a few laymen with lots of survival skills to keep him safe.

bap

The names on the floor were to commemorate the people they'd eaten.

The reason they didn't kill Rick and company was because they'll only eat people after a ritual slaughter.

Certified Running Coach
                      Crocked since 2013

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thought they should have let Rick drop the F-bomb at the end.  AMC was able to get away with one F-bomb per season on Breaking Bad, so they should've unloaded one here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

bap

That's what Andrew Lincoln said.

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

Cool Jump Suit

Zombie Enthusiasts:  AMC is airing a full series marathon starting Friday morning @ 9am.  A good chance to catch up I suppose.  Also, they are showing a season 5 special Sunday @ 9pm.

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.

CClay

Better than all of you

Good stuff!  Got me excited, then I realized no new episodes until October.  

Dream Maker

umm, so!