The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

This storyline was totally unexpected. It's strange to see a relatively urban setting on TWD. Electricity .

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It felt like a whole new show until the last scene.  I wonder if this is the setup for the impending spinoff series.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It felt like a whole new show until the last scene.  I wonder if this is the setup for the impending spinoff series.

I hope not. This show still has lot's of different directions it can go now, but hopefully the "safe urban" setting is only good for a couple of shows.

Get off my porch

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hope not. This show still has lot's of different directions it can go now, but hopefully the "safe urban" setting is only good for a couple of shows.

I predict Beth and Carol will seriously shake things up, especially if they can pretend not to know one another for a bit.  Head cop lady is all sorts of control-freak nutso.

Do we assume that the young orderly guy got away safely (he didn't get bit, right)?  I suspect he will somehow meet up with the main group or maybe Morgan.  Definitely some interesting possibilities with his escape.

I was distracted a bit while watching this episode.  Do we see/hear how they are getting food, resources, power?  It looks like they're growing plants and drying food on the roof.

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

They were growing stuff on the roof, tomatoes? Drying also, but it didn't look like a lot. It's not clear how many of them there are at the hospital. We only saw maybe 5 or so?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

obiebyke

Wasn't the guy who escaped the hospital the kid from "Everybody Loves Hates Chris"? [Yup! It is!]

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The woman who underwent amputation without anesthesia was the lead actress in Whale Rider, too.  I wouldn't have recognized her, had I not seen her name in the opening credits.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Okay, my new prediction is that the black kid comes out of the woods and they just came back to get rick and the others to go help rescue Carol and Beth.

I cant tell either how many there are.  I am guessing about 5 cops - the four we saw in the hospital and maybe one other that we saw far away on the roof (though that may have been one of them).  Then there is the doctor, Beth, and at least one other that we saw who shut the door in Beth's face.  I think the rest that we saw all died.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, my new prediction is that the black kid comes out of the woods and they just came back to get rick and the others to go help rescue Carol and Beth.

That seems likely.  Though watch us be completely wrong!!

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Okay, just watched the end of the Fall season - was pretty bummed about Beth.  Not sure where it will go from here.  I see one of two things.  One is that they just leave and find another goal, the other is that they go back for the black kid that helped them find Beth.  I am guessing they just leave and move on from here.

Previews seemed to indicate that they may try to find another place to settle down (like the prison or Terminus or the Gov'nor's town).  To me,that always made sense.  It seems to me that you could build something relatively fortified.  The Governor's town seemed to be pretty secure, the prison not so much, but mainly because it was surrounded by fences and not walls.

I hate the midseason break .

yeoldefatguy

I had forgotten all about this thread. How many people have read the comics?

No to the comics.

Only way I'm back for TWD is binge watching.

Currently watching Bates Motel.

Get off my porch

I had forgotten all about this thread. How many people have read the comics?

I have, most of them.

BeeRunB

Just finished season 5 on Netflix.........wow. What a great one. Arguably the best one so far. From Terminus to church to Slabtown to La-La land.  Transcending the genre and going deep like great sci-fi should, while still maintaining the gish, lop, and adventure. Hated to see a few characters go, but this show has never held back and the stakes are always high.

I was thinking that this show could go on forever in different incarnations. This is just one group's story. If Rick Grimes ever buys the farm, end The Walking Dead: Atlanta and start The High Walking Dead: Denver, The Walking Dead SWU (splicing walkers unit), and The Walking Dead: Boston (the marathon still goes on despite the apocalypse).