The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If Daryl dies the show will lose at least 50% of its viewership.  Guaranteed.  I think the show could lose Rick with less fan loss.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For real!!

And GLOBULE!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dream Maker

If Daryl dies the show will lose at least 50% of its viewership.  Guaranteed.  I think the show could lose Rick with less fan loss.

I like Daryl... but I kind of want him to be killed because I think the fangirl reactions afterward would provide endless entertainment.

Glen is not long in the graphic novels at this point, not that the show cares too much about them.

JanaLamb

So it's probably not Daryl who's in this leaked scene: (spoiler warning)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McU1XVbnBVs

I like Daryl... but I kind of want him to be killed because I think the fangirl reactions afterward would provide endless entertainment.

Glen is not long in the graphic novels at this point, not that the show cares too much about them.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

Wow, the last episode was the best ever. Totally cathartic!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm so glad that creepy Sam kid is dead!!  I laughed and cheered...does that make me a bad person?

~ Sarah Kay

yeoldefatguy

I'm so glad that creepy Sam kid is dead!!  I laughed and cheered...does that make me a bad person?

It was awesome. Good effects on Carl's face too.

No, it doesnĖ™t. I hated that guy  .

Tiefsa

I've been avoiding this thread until I got caught up.  Finally saw the season ender.  For some reason, I thought Negan would be rougher.  I don't know what I was expecting, but he was too smooth for me, like some kind of handsome doctor.

Also, I'm hoping he clubbed Eugene.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes!!

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've been avoiding this thread until I got caught up.  Finally saw the season ender.  For some reason, I thought Negan would be rougher.  I don't know what I was expecting, but he was too smooth for me, like some kind of handsome doctor.

I thought  Negan was amazing.  The reason he has all of these followers is, in fact, because of that smoothness.  He has what I like to call Malicious Charisma (which is gonna be the name of my new band).  Anyone can be rough, but it takes a special kind of charisma like that to be get people to follow you, for good or for ill.  I think that if they do the character justice, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal in that episode is gonna go down as an all-timer of a character intro.

As for who died, I think it's Daryl or Glenn.  During the episode (Last Day on Earth) there were several weird shots interspersed throughout the episode that turned out to be the pattern of lights seen from the POV of inside the vehicle that Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita were locked up in.  The idea is this is what the eventual victim's POV looked like during their last day on Earth.

If that's the case and we're seeing the victim's POV, that immediately cuts us down to Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita.  Rosita's just not a big enough character at this point.  And my gut tells me that it won't a woman anyhow, so we're left with Daryl and Glenn.

There's all sorts of equally good reasons /  foreshadowing for both, so I'm not gonna argue that.  It could go either way.

I am disappointed that AMC decided not to show who it was.  I understand the cliffhanger "Who Shot JR?"-ness of the whole thing.  But by next October, it'll almost certainly leak out.  And I also think about how tense I was during the last 20 minutes of that episode, waiting for the worst.  There's no way I'll be anywhere close to that emotional state come Season 7 premiere-time -- the knowledge of the victim's identity won't have nearly the visceral impact it would've had in the moment.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd hope the producers know better than to kill Daryl.  So many of us have already become pretty disinterested in the show.  That would end it.  As much as I like Glenn, he's the obvious choice of the 2.  Killing Glenn leaves newlywed Maggie to give birth to their baby without the kid's father.  That would add some serious extra insult to injury.

~ Sarah Kay

I think it's Glenn, like in the comic book. And I think the cliffhanger was totally unnecessary, yes. Maybe it it was midseason finale, but not now.

Tiefsa

I thought  Negan was amazing.  The reason he has all of these followers is, in fact, because of that smoothness.  He has what I like to call Malicious Charisma (which is gonna be the name of my new band).  Anyone can be rough, but it takes a special kind of charisma like that to be get people to follow you, for good or for ill.  I think that if they do the character justice, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal in that episode is gonna go down as an all-timer of a character intro.

I think I didn't like him because I liked him.  I'm trying to stay loyal to Rick, but he isn't as likable as before.  I was kind of like, okay, take half our stuff, you handsome devil.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think I didn't like him because I liked him.  I'm trying to stay loyal to Rick, but he isn't as likable as before.  I was kind of like, okay, take half our stuff, you handsome devil.

Oh, I know what you mean.  Negan is clearly ruthless, but what is interesting is you could argue that Rick's no better -- Rick killed a bunch of Negan's men pre-emptively in their sleep.

Now granted Negan and Co operate on another level, given their sadistic tendencies.  But there's a parallel story out there of what happened to Negan since it all started, and you can imagine his mindset of doing whatever it takes for him and his people to survive.  Rick's gotten close to that point -- Rick doesn't "take chances" anymore.

I think the show is interesting when it explores this gray area.

I do wish that somehow Negan could've killed Morgan.  Kinda pissed at Morgan for ruining Carol.