The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At first it seemed like this was indeed the case, and I was like, "I called it!" But then through Shane's flash back we learn that the truth is much, much darker. It did pose a classic kill-or-be-killed zombie world dilemma, though:  if Shane hadn't sacrificed Otis, then they both would've been eaten by walkers --- and then Carl wouldn't have gotten his surgery equipment and likely would've died, too. Meanwhile I love that the veterinarian's daughter has her eye on Glenn!

Yeah, Shane essentially killing Otis to save Carl was the best possible outcome in terms of lives lost (and it was Otis' bullet that started everything down that slippery slope)...but his gaze into the mirror was MAJORLY creepy!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last night's episode was kinda boring.  Pretty sure Sophia is still alive.  It's going to be interesting to see how Lori's pregnancy progresses and how her delivery is handled.  I predict trying to outrun zombies with a noisy infant will make for some future drama...not to mention determining the identity of the baby-daddy.

Next week, though...looks like Merle is back--whoa!!!  I really like Darryl.  He's undoubtedly going to be caught in the middle of that drama.  I suspect that he will side with the group, but I'm probably wrong.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

The "swimmer" in the well was a truly classic zombie sequence, and the blood and guts payoff was an outrageous hoot. Too bad that was the only Walker in the episode.

I was cheering for Glenn, but then "That was a one time thing." Ouch!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was cheering for Glenn, but then "That was a one time thing." Ouch!

No joke...poor guy!  He's always being sent on these risky missions...he deserves more than 1 quickie in a ransacked pharmacy! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

So here's what I dont get - where the hell are all the Walkers?  Okay, there was one in the well.  But other than that it's like they are avoiding that farm, as well as the local town.  Seriously?  they ride their horses into town and dont see a single walker out there?  Even in Rick's hickville small town where he was sheriff there were still plenty of them roaming the streets.

i actually thought last night's episode was kind of boring, but am glad that ol Merle is coming back next week.  That should make it interesting.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So here's what I dont get - where the hell are all the Walkers?  Okay, there was one in the well.  But other than that it's like they are avoiding that farm, as well as the local town.  Seriously?  they ride their horses into town and dont see a single walker out there?  Even in Rick's hickville small town where he was sheriff there were still plenty of them roaming the streets.

I've been wondering if we're going to find an answer to that.  So far this season we've seen walkers mainly in "herds."  In that early episode on the hwy the group was wondering why that was.  Then there was the herd around the school.  I'm guessing we're going to learn of some motivation that drives them to move in packs, like that.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Another question too - how fast are these zombies?'

We all know there are different types of zombies in different movies from "Shawn of the Dead" Slow to "I am legend" super-fast, to "28 days later" regular speed.

And I feel like I just cant get a handle on these zombies' speed.  In the first episode, Rick ran into his first (maybe second) as he sat on the stairs and one ambled really slowly towards him.  But when Shane was at the school with Otis, those zombies at times seemed to be moving pretty fast.  And the zombies in the woods that were chasing Rick and the little girl seemed to be moving pretty well too.

Durrr

Unlike the 28 Days Later "infected," the Walking Dead walkers don't seem capable of running --- but do seem capable of working themselves into a very fast stagger when they get excited at the sight/scent/sound of fresh meat.

Menace to Sobriety

i actually thought last night's episode was kind of boring, but am glad that ol Merle is coming back next week.  That should make it interesting.

I'd guess it's budgetary issues.

Make up and special effects for all of them can't be cheap. Payroll for extras is probably not too bad, but having to make them all up has got to be both time consuming and expensive. They probably get them all made up and shoot all the group scenes out of sequence over a day or two. Without the shuffling herds, the cast is pretty small, and having only one or two walkers in many episodes keeps costs down.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tonight's episode was good...best one yet, this season, IMO.  Intrigued by the find in the barn.  Glad that Darryl is OK (he's my favorite character).  Interesting that we haven't yet really seen Merle, even though insiders claim he's still alive.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

A couple episodes ago when Rick and Herchel had a long conversation on the front porch, H expressed his hope that a cure for ... walkerism would be found (to which R cynically disagreed). Maybe Herchel is keeping all his undead kin and neighbors rounded up in the barn so that they can be cured if an antidote is ever available. Rick did mention that Herchel prefers to "take care" of the walkers in his own way. Or maybe it'll turn out that that's where they dump guests on the farm once they lose their welcome (doubt it, but that would make for a very dark twist).

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A couple episodes ago when Rick and Herchel had a long conversation on the front porch, H expressed his hope that a cure for ... walkerism would be found (to which R cynically disagreed). Maybe Herchel is keeping all his undead kin and neighbors rounded up in the barn so that they can be cured if an antidote is ever available. Rick did mention that Herchel prefers to "take care" of the walkers in his own way. Or maybe it'll turn out that that's where they dump guests on the farm once they lose their welcome (doubt it, but that would make for a very dark twist).

I have the same suspicion.  As soon as I saw what was in the barn I laughed and referred to it as the "zombie zoo."

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

Or it could be they want to see how long they can "live" without feeding. (The soldiers in "28 Days Later" had the same experiment going, until he got loose.)

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or it could be they want to see how long they can "live" without feeding. (The soldiers in "28 Days Later" had the same experiment going, until he got loose.)

Interesting...perhaps the walker in the well was an experiment, as well...  Herschel kinda gives me the creeps.  He's definitely got some sort of passive-aggressive control freak thing going on.  Maybe he's planning to use his herd in the barn for some purpose.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

The A.V. Club probably offers the most in-depth critical analysis for episodes of The Walking Dead (they were a bit harsh on last night's episode).

http://www.avclub.com/articles/chupacabra,64790/