Getting my Garmin Forerunner 205 to work with my new computer (Vista) (Read 1172 times)

Recently purchased a new computer, a HP Pavilion desktop. Runs really nice, but I'm having trouble getting the software for my Garmin 205 loaded on the computer. The system is running Vista and we've been having some trouble loading other software that seemed to work fine with Windows XP. The version of the Garmin Training Center is 5.01. But it also says on the lower left of the disk "Windows v3.2.2." Not sure if there's a problem with the drivers or what I need to do to fix this. Is there a good website that I could download an update or patch for software? Any advice is much appreciated. Chris

Insert witty title here

Recently purchased a new computer, a HP Pavilion desktop. Runs really nice, but I'm having trouble getting the software for my Garmin 205 loaded on the computer. The system is running Vista and we've been having some trouble loading other software that seemed to work fine with Windows XP. The version of the Garmin Training Center is 5.01. But it also says on the lower left of the disk "Windows v3.2.2." Not sure if there's a problem with the drivers or what I need to do to fix this. Is there a good website that I could download an update or patch for software? Any advice is much appreciated. Chris
        How new is the 205? I just got mine within the last month and the CD that came with it loaded fine onto my Vista machine. If the 205 CD is old then your best bet is probably downloading the latest version from the link that Brian posted.

ThomasRuns Blog
        Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

What do I need to download? There's a couple different options: the drivers, the Training Center software, or the unit driver. Don't want to download the wrong thing.
            I downloaded just the USB driver and after connecting and reconnecting the unit to the docking station, the computer was able to recognize it and download the data from my last run. Seems to be working like it did before. Will have to see how it works after another workout. Not sure I'm liking this Vista operating system. Seems like all the software I have has to be updated. Everything worked fine on XP. Heck, it won't even play my saved videos from our camera. May need to download something to get that working! Thanks Brian for the link.