Runner (Read 1440 times)

I thought fast was sleeping with 2 different people in the same week and easy was when none of them even bothered to buy dinner or a movie.

How far or fast or frequently do you have to run before you can call yourself a runner?
      Speed doesn't have anything to do with it. I try to keep things simple, and use the late Dr. George Sheehan's definition:
      The difference between a runner and a jogger is an entry blank.
      You could also go off of <url="http:>MLB's definition of a runner, which is a pretty good one and boils down to the same thing as Dr. Sheehan's definition:
      A RUNNER is an offensive player who is advancing toward, or touching, or returning to any base.
      </url="http:>

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Roses Revenge

One of the coaches in my summer training group says that anyone who gets to the start line on Saturday morning at 6 AM in the rain is a runner. Even if they are walking.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Scout7

Thank you, Trent, for maintaining my faith that we are a doomed species.
            Technically, you always place in your AG. I never specified that you needed to get an award for your placement.
            Even if you DNF?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Tyler S

I only feel like a runner when I'm not injured, and able to race well.
                One of the coaches in my summer training group says that anyone who gets to the start line on Saturday morning at 6 AM in the rain is a runner. Even if they are walking.
                Walking? BS!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I thought fast was sleeping with 2 different people in the same week and easy was when none of them even bothered to buy dinner or a movie.
                  That's blessed and cheap.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

goat

Finder of good newts

I always figured you're a runner when you're offended by the statement, "I saw you out jogging the other day"

It's hard to look down if you don't go up

Well, I have the first part, but not the second. Guess that 1561 miles last year doesn't qualify me, huh? Interesting...you don't have your log public. Something you're hiding from the class, perhaps...? Evil grin
                      hey thats interesting, but I think its alot simpler than that, if you enjoy running in any such capacity, and run so, you are a runner Smile
                      FitDude365

Spam
                        FitDude365

Link spam
                          LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

But it did bump an amusing thread.

FitDude365

posting against terms of use.