What's your favorite cross-training exercise? (Read 2231 times)

Whaddaya mean? Cross-training? Shocked Apart from running every evening and the occational recovery run in the morning I don't have time for much. Does driving a sports car count? Big grin
    Run more.
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Whaddaya mean? Cross-training? Shocked Apart from running every evening and the occational recovery run in the morning I don't have time for much. Does driving a sports car count? Big grin
      Of course it counts! Auto racing is considered a sport.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of course it counts! Auto racing is considered a sport.
        Does it count if it's a peppy Mazda 3 manual with a kid in the backseat telling me that we're in a race (on the interstate) and to drive faster and turn the stereo louder (damned kid's gonna get me a speeding ticket one of these days)?! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mountain biking on some good trails!
          Run long, run strong
            (damned kid's gonna get me a speeding ticket one of these days)?! Wink k
            I nominate this for Quote Of The Day. LOL
            Run more.
              So, I'm a WW Kayaker. Anyone out there do that? I'm totally terrified and in love with the sport at the same time. I also play Kayak polo - but it's getting to be too hard on my shoulders. Lastly, my weight program is the Les Mills 'BodyPump'. I can't recommend this program enough if a gym near you provides it. It's the BEST. Kimmer
              My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
              Purdey

Self anointed title

Does sex count as cross-training? Blush

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lastly, my weight program is the Les Mills 'BodyPump'. I can't recommend this program enough if a gym near you provides it. It's the BEST.
                  One of my best friends is doing this and says it is KILLER! I'm not sure if any of our gyms around here offer that. Would it be something a person could do at home with a video? k

~ Sarah Kay

Would it be something a person could do at home with a video?">
                    Unfortunately, not. Doing the excercises correctly to minimize injury and maximize results would make it very difficult to do at home. Plus the equipment probably isn't for resale anywhere. Check it out tho at lesmills.com. I also do BodyCombat, BodyStep, and my favorite, BodyJam
                    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...looks like the nearest clubs to me are an hour away. Looks like they use just standard barbells and weights, though. I wonder how different some of that is to Cathe Friedrich's weight workouts. Though I don't know that any of her workouts really use choreography, per se. k

~ Sarah Kay

I follow the workout of the day on Crossfit.com. This is an excellent resource for weight training and bodyweight execises. The workouts are usually short and intense. They make a good complement to running.
                        Do you do the exercises at home or in the gym? I have looked at the site and it seems to be a very good program. Although I fear an injury if I jump right into it. But I will try to ease into it gradually.
                        Run more.
                        Q-BAR

I love rowing for the total body workout!

Along for the Ride

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

vicentefrijole

(damned kid's gonna get me a speeding ticket one of these days)?!
                              You just need to teach your kid to cry when you get pulled over... Cry in fact, you could BOTH cry.. what state patroller could resist that? Big grin
                                I cycle and do yoga. My hussband, who got me into running, has had knee problems and now just cycles, so I do that to be able to spend time with him (and get to work cheaply!) The yoga keeps me mellow, and it's non-competitive! Any kind of exercise that lets me lie down and close my eyes is good to me.... Smile
                                1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."