Im gonna go out for a run tonight (Read 931 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

After having been out of ‘commission’ for 6 weeks now with bad hip pain, I feel as though I am ready to go out again for some light running. So tonight, I am going to put it to the test. I am going to be starting again with the Low HR training, which will ease me back into it. Nothing more than 5 miles for me tonight. Looking forward to it, as I have put about 14 lbs back on, and feel like shit to be honest. Let’s hope that I am ok. Hope so, as I am looking forward to contributing again to the community. It is going to take some time to get back to my previous form, though I am not in a rush, just wanna get back to running.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

uncontrollable

good luck - listen to your body.

peace

jeffdonahue

Best of luck, coming back after a layoff can be tough - dont try to push it too hard.

SMART Approach

Eddy, Probably feels nice to get back out there. Go easy. How about 3 miles if you have done nothing in 6 weeks?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

The Greatest of All Time

Good luck! Take it easy.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eddy, Probably feels nice to get back out there. Go easy. How about 3 miles if you have done nothing in 6 weeks?
              Good thinking. And be careful. Sometimes that first day back after a long layoff feels great. Don't be deceived -- Day 2 after a long layoff usually sucks, and it'll suck worse if you overdue Day 1.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

kcam

I know hip pain cuz I have a chronic problem with my right hip. Running is one of the things that seems to keep it in check once I started running efficiently. Short quick steps seem to help me keep an efficient form (everything going forward as opposed to up/down). 5 seems like a lot after a 6 week break due to injury.

Slow-smooth-fast

I ran to work this morning, my first try. It was 4 mile. I did it at MAF. The hip was fine, slight pulling near the end. I am not gonna go any further than this. The funny thing is my MAF average pace was better than I expected. SUb 8 still after 6 week lay off. Was harder overall though due to weight gain, and muscles seeming to have seized up. Still this is the beauty if MAF, as I will get better over time without running or exherting. Glad to be back everyone.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Master of Inconsistency

Eddy, Good Luck on your comeback ! Now for some advice , take it or leave it. I'm pretty sure that Maf training suggests you lower your Maf Heart rate after an injury by 5 beats. Try it for a week and see how you feel . I know it's nice to run faster but I think you should err on the side of safety.just my $.02. What ever you decide I wish you all the best , your run has been impressive! Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Another Passion

Good luck in getting back at it Eddy.

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com