2013 Sub 4:00 Marathon Goal (Read 1274 times)

RidgerunR

Thanks Turbolegs. T-minus 2 hours till go time. Perfect conditions....43 degrees and a flat course. Good luck to all racing today. The pot of gold is a sub 4 finish.

RidgerunR

Shamrock marathon in VA Beach done. Unofficial time 3:57:09. Pfitz 12/55 training plan paid off. Conditions were not perfect (very windy) and crowd support was just ok. The 4 hour pacer was all over the place and we finally dropped her at mile 21 and never saw her again. Now I can check sub 4 off the bucket list and focus on a BQ time.

Great Job Ridgerunner!

I was there as well, my previous PR was about a 4:48:00 and I trained and was looking for a 3:59:59 or better.  I saw that 4 hour pacer, but there were so many folks around her that I slid in front of her and ran about 8:45-8:50 miles to stay ahead of that group.   End result, I finished in 3:59:30 so I got an awesome result.  -- Didn't have any specific training plan, did my own kind of training, but the key to it being high mileage per week, mixed with speed drills, tempo runs and all the normal mix.   Weather was not ideal, but we got that sub-4 Done!  ----And now I can barely walk...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Dreamn

Congrats Ridgerun & KL Duke! So many Shamrockers!

RidgerunR

Thanks KL and Dreamn. Congrats to you as well KL.

KL you must have finished close to my daughter, she can in at 3:59 as well. You probably walked right by me.

I agree with your training regimen. Pfitz had me running 11-12 mile runs through the week mixed with speed work and tempos. It sure paid off! Although running in NWPA this winter sucked bad. Quite a few runs done in below 20 degree temps.

This was an over all 4 minute PR from my best time and 7 minute PR from my fall marathon in Erie, PA.

Good luck to you in your future training and racing.

Turbolegs

Thanks KL and Dreamn. Congrats to you as well KL.

KL you must have finished close to my daughter, she can in at 3:59 as well. You probably walked right by me.

I agree with your training regimen. Pfitz had me running 11-12 mile runs through the week mixed with speed work and tempos. It sure paid off! Although running in NWPA this winter sucked bad. Quite a few runs done in below 20 degree temps.

This was an over all 4 minute PR from my best time and 7 minute PR from my fall marathon in Erie, PA.

Good luck to you in your future training and racing.

Ridgerunner ... KL Duke ... Fantastic stuff !!! The training sure has paid off ...

I have half a mind to treat myself to some icrecream to celebrate your success but will try to stay disciplined .. Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

runlikeagirI

3:58:37 for me at Shamrock today; slower than I had hoped but the wind was effin' ridiculous. Hardest thing I've ever done.

Turbolegs

3:58:37 for more at Shamrock today; slower than I had hoped but the wind was effin' ridiculous. Hardest thing I've ever done.

Great result for you .. .congrats !!!! This has been a pretty rewarding weekend for all the runners on this thread ... superb stuff!!

Turbolegs

This just in ... imnotscott cracks 3:54:54 for his marathon .... nicely done !!!!!

hey CONGRATS to each of you who accomplished the sub 4:00!!  WOW!!  So proud of you and I never doubted it.  That is so awesome guys and gals!!  Your training paid off, just amazing you all, YAY!!

Been sick here since last Thursday.  Last run was last Wed.  The weather has added to my misery as it returned to BELOW temps degrees and single digits for most of the week in northern MN.  Relentless dry hacking cough has resulted in severe sore throat but body aches/fever have subsided.  Past the time away by watching NCAA conference college hoops all weekend while DH kept me informed of the NASCAR events; yeah, I know, Joking.  Another snowstorm last night, frigid windshill, it's still snowing!!  Cry

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

CONGRATS to each of you who accomplished the sub 4:00!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

CONGRATS to each of you who accomplished the sub 4:00!

Indeed there were lots of folks at the Shamrock this weekend.  Looks like alot of us were within a couple minutes of each other as well.  I think we should mandate that all RA posters wear a sign on their backs entitled:  RA USERNAME = TURBOLEGS or dreamn or runslikeagirl,  whatever the case may be so that as we run, fellow RA'ers can say "Nice to meed you" as we run!  --  Well, it is an idea... :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Mostly harmless

I forgot to report back to this thread.  I made both my "A" goal (< 4:00) and my "B" goal (< 3:55).  I finished Rock n Roll, USA in Washington DC with a time of 3:54:51.

I posted a RR in the Beginners and Beyond forum.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

This just in ... imnotscott cracks 3:54:54 for his marathon .... nicely done !!!!!

Oh wow, I didn't see this post.  Thanks!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I forgot to report back to this thread.  I made both my "A" goal (< 4:00) and my "B" goal (< 3:55).  I finished Rock n Roll, USA in Washington DC with a time of 3:54:51.

I posted a RR in the Beginners and Beyond forum.

congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/