2013 Sub 4:00 Marathon Goal (Read 1274 times)

Turbolegs

Yes!  3:43:41, PR, BQ-11, 1AG!  The RR is here, if you're interested.

A mighty big CONGRATULATIONS to you !!!! That was amazing ... truly well done.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

npaden

Congrats LedLincoln!!!  Great time!!

My official chip time was 3:48:09 so I was VERY happy with that for my first marathon.  Weather was close to perfect and everything else went very smoothly.  Ran a slight negative split, but that last mile was tough.  Felt like I was sprinting it in and my heart rate was skyrocketing and my last mile was chip timed at 8:44 which was actually 1 second slower than my average pace for the whole race.  No cramps or anything and I didn't ever feel like I hit the wall.  Actually walked up 2 flights of stairs a second ago instead of taking the escalator so I guess I'm already feeling a little better.

Sitting in the Denver airport on a layover on my way home so no race report until tomorrow for me.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My official chip time was 3:48:09 so I was VERY happy with that for my first marathon.  Weather was close to perfect and everything else went very smoothly.  Ran a slight negative split, but that last mile was tough.  Felt like I was sprinting it in and my heart rate was skyrocketing and my last mile was chip timed at 8:44 which was actually 1 second slower than my average pace for the whole race.  No cramps or anything and I didn't ever feel like I hit the wall.  Actually walked up 2 flights of stairs a second ago instead of taking the escalator so I guess I'm already feeling a little better.

Sitting in the Denver airport on a layover on my way home so no race report until tomorrow for me.

Woohoo,  another one! WTG, npaden!

Turbolegs

Nathan - awesome running especially given that its your first ! This weekend has turned out to be a good one ...

Nice run Lincoln!! Enjoyed the RR.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

gymmom411

Hi everyone,

I was part of this group last year trying to run a sub 4:00 at the San Diego Marathon. Ended up with a 4:06:40 so I'm back to the drawing board trying to get it right. I had to take some time off after this effort (4 months) I have slowly been building up my base mileage since October.

This year my goal marathon is the Santa Rosa Marathon on August 25th. I will be doing a repeat of the Pfitz 18/55 training program. I am currently in week 2 and so far its going great Wink I think I am much stronger this time around but I don't have enough base to do the 18/70.

Thanks for this group to keep us all encouraged and training!!! 

Queen of 3rd Place

Santa Rosa is a great choice for a fast race! Good luck!

I succeeded a couple years ago getting a sub-4 and am ready to try it again. Am now starting the track workout phase in Daniels A program, goal race is also Santa Rosa.

Ex runner

gymmom411

Santa Rosa is a great choice for a fast race! Good luck!

I succeeded a couple years ago getting a sub-4 and am ready to try it again. Am now starting the track workout phase in Daniels A program, goal race is also Santa Rosa.

Thanks for letting me know Smile

I'm from So. Cal so I'm not to familiar with Santa Rosa. It looks like a good race. Does it get pretty hot there at that time of year?

hey guys, for the chasing of the sub 4 post, I will give you the info for my upcoming 26.2

I could not afford to enter the rock n roll marathon so I will be RE-rerunning my original marathon course by myself.  I will be treating it just like a real race, and it will be June 2nd at Manhattan beach, California.  The original marathon that runs this route is listed under "operation jack" which has the course links and chip times for the real races etc...  I ran this marathon before in December 2012 and plan to run it this year officially again in Dec 2013.  I have trained hard for this, I am on my 18 mile long run tomorrow so its very close.  Anyways, that is the plan so in 3 weeks, be expecting a Sub 4 number Smile

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Queen of 3rd Place

Thanks for letting me know Smile

I'm from So. Cal so I'm not to familiar with Santa Rosa. It looks like a good race. Does it get pretty hot there at that time of year?

Time one time I did it, it was cool and overcast. Cool air tends to flow up from the Bay. Spectators wore jackets the whole time. I don't think it's 100% sure thing, but pretty likely to be nice.

Wolfwalker  - trying run a marathon alone sounds tough!!

Ex runner

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wolfwalker  - trying run a marathon alone sounds tough!!

+1.  Good luck!

My mom said she would come and cheer me on for the finish and maybe pass me some fluids at the 1/2 point or something.  Other than that I will be alone BUT I have all my RA forum friends cheering me on so it will be all good Smile  I am also going to make myself a medal for when I finish.  It might be corny but every marathon finisher deserves one right?

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Turbolegs

My mom said she would come and cheer me on for the finish and maybe pass me some fluids at the 1/2 point or something.  Other than that I will be alone BUT I have all my RA forum friends cheering me on so it will be all good Smile  I am also going to make myself a medal for when I finish.  It might be corny but every marathon finisher deserves one right?

Hats off to you for the solo attempt !! Hope you nail it ...

Been awhile and just an update: I was hoping to run my 3rd marathon May 4th but so much has happened since January, and I ended up running the HM instead (May 4th), placing 3rd in my AG but it was dismal as I got sick a couple of days prior.  Anyway, the winter months in MN took its toll on my training (don't own a TM, and why drive to athletic club in middle of snowstorm?) even though I was out on my training runs with temps as low as 15 degrees but the wind is brutal!!  Had some unexpected pretty stressful life interruptions, along with business travels across the country, well, you get the idea.  Just didn't feel fully prepared to run the FM.  It wasn't a difficult decision but I was still disappointed nonetheless. But I have managed to run at least a HM each month; as a matter of fact, I'm running the Fargo HM this Saturday, making it two HMs this month!!  I found a fall marathon, the Bemidji Blue Ox marathon on Oct. 12, 2013 that I will set my sight on. If not, I may be in the SW around that time and will aim for the Duke City marathon in Albq., NM on Oct 20, 2013.

WAY TO GO on those who completed their FM sub 4:00!!

CT JEFF

AZ2MN - good luck on your sub 4:00 goal. I like this as a goal. 4:10, you are really close to hitting this.

Hi ALL, doing my first FM this MAY. Not 100% trained, but really hoping to hit sub 5:00 on my first. For sub 4, I'll set the date for this goal, in 2014. Dont have time to fit in another FM this year, but I have time to train.

Congrats on all who completed their sub 4:00 FM!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!