62,000!!!! (Read 568 times)

That is the number of cigarettes I would have smoked in the last 8 1/2 years had I not quit when I started running...so instead of smoking 62,000 cigarettes over 8 1/2 years...I ran 10,000 miles.

It was amazing to hit 10,000 lifetime miles on my run today...it's not something I ever thought possible!

You rock!!!

That is awesome :-)   62,000 cigs, indeed it is great that you were able to replace a bad habit with a good habit.  !

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is the number of cigarettes I would have smoked in the last 8 1/2 years had I not quit when I started running...so instead of smoking 62,000 cigarettes over 8 1/2 years...I ran 10,000 miles.

It was amazing to hit 10,000 lifetime miles on my run today...it's not something I ever thought possible!

You are amazing, lady.  I'm not surprised in the least that you've accomplished so much! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

THATS AWESOME...........good way to look at it too..........

Good Job....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Feeling the growl again

That's an awesome stat.  Congrats!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Whooooooohoooooo!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yowsa!

beat

Break on through

Nice!  It's great that you can use a habit as a tool to help yourself instead of letting a different one hurt you.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Thanks everybody!

That is awesome :-)   62,000 cigs, indeed it is great that you were able to replace a bad habit with a good habit.  !

And as for replacing a bad habit with a good...I used to get - not quite offended - but definitely put off when people would "accuse" me of being addicted to running, but a year or so ago I embraced it as a compliment...there are worse things I could be addicted to!

Slo

Nice !

I'm an ex smoker too.

xor

How much would 62k cigs cost?

Over $15,000.00!!!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice !

I'm an ex smoker too.

+1

steph  

How much would 62k cigs cost?

Probably still less than I spent on races last year.

I'd calculate it but I actually don't even know what cigarettes cost these days (they were $5-ish when I quit I think?). I think I saw on the Today show that the "true" cost of smoking a pack a day a year (including health care costs) was around $3,900/year in 2012.