How should I know when My trainers are ready to be replaced? (Read 481 times)

H RIMZ

Ive had my Asics Nimbus 10's for about 250 miles now they're fine and I don't expect i will have to replace them until probably about 300 more miles. But i was just wondering how often You guys change Shoes, and whether or not my idea of 550 miles is to much or to little before replacement.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

an amazing likeness

There are a lot of threads here on shoe life, worth doing a quick search because of the wealth of information in them. The answers are all over the place -- very individual, with most folks doing it by feel. Personally, I go for 500 - 600 in the Nimbus, but I'm a porky guy with a running style that is anything but elegant.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

missy1102

it varies by runner and by shoe. i think the average is about 300-500 miles per shoe.. although you'll find people out there who get much higher numbers. i'm 5'5" and 123# and i can only get 300 miles out of my asic cumulus. kind of sucks since i average about 200 miles/month but c'est la vie. i also agree with the other poster about just "knowing" when its time. my knees will start to unexplainably ache. or my hips will feel sore. good luck. make sure not to wait horribly long or you can risk injury. learn from my mistakes, friend!!

Hawt and sexy

They need replaced when they hurt. It could be your feet, knee, ankle or hipp, but when they hurt, you know. It shows up better when you hve more than one pair in rotation and you notice the difference with the pair that needs replaced.

I'm touching your pants.

A Saucy Wench

you'll know. In some shoes my shins go, in others they just lose padding and my feet hurt. My current style die for long runs at about 250 but I can eek another 100+ miles out of them if I keep it under 10 miles at a time.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

When I don't like the way the milk in the fridge smells I throw it, even though it might not make me sick. I don't take risks with my feet anymore, 200 miles for racing shoes, 300 miles for other shoes.

Bugs