Creating Advanced Workouts in Garmin Training Center (Read 2513 times)

nathank

Hi folks, I recently upgraded from a 305 to a 405 and was a bit disappointed to see that i can't do "'quick workouts". After a bit of reading, I think I need to use the Garmin Training Center (GTC) software to create the workouts, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a do 10km/s in 50mins type session. If i go to the GTC software and go to workouts and "new workout", i can add a "new step" of say 10km, but i can't set "target" of 50minutes... It only gives me speed (which is set by zones), cadence, and HR.. no time! Can someone give me some pointers on whats the best way to do this? thanks! -nat
      If i go to the GTC software and go to workouts and "new workout", i can add a "new step" of say 10km, but i can't set "target" of 50minutes... It only gives me speed (which is set by zones), cadence, and HR.. no time!

Hi there,

I was about to ask this same question and found this in the 'archives'.  I have a 305 and am trying to do the run/walk program for 18 miles. But it had no 'time' target so I went for the max 99 reps.  Bad thing is when I choose this workout the only fields displayed are the rep and the target zone, so I have no idea what my distance is.  If there's no other way to modify my rep workout then does anyone know where do you modify the fields to a particular workout? 

Marylander

First figure out the pace you need to go to cover 10km in 50 minutes (you can use the RA calculator for this, 8:03 in this case). Make the target "to keep my speed in a certain zone" and choose custom. Put a reasonable pace range in and you're set. If you make the range too small it will beep at you incessantly... Don't forget to click "send to device".

For the 2nd poster you don't need to modify the fields for the workout. Just use the up/down arrow keys to go to the display set up that you want. When you do a workout you can an additional display just for the workout but the normal 3 other displays are still available. RTFM. Wink

Kirk

Well whataya know, I see my other displays.  I swear I pressed every button possible.  Thanks!  Guess I'll reRTFM.