Just Started Running after 5 years, and back surgery 4 months ago! (Read 1444 times)

After getting beat by Zoom Zoom, I went out today and ran a nice long, slow 10 miles. I shall win at least one virtual race this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Bernie - Um... just a thought for you - you've got people in the 5 mile division who've been running 10+ years. You might want to pick a different goal for this year than beating them in the "virtual" race. You're doing great now, don't get me wrong, but I worry when people say things like that. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After getting beat by Zoom Zoom, I went out today and ran a nice long, slow 10 miles. I shall win at least one virtual race this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
        Well, you most definitely have me beat, there--the farthest I have ever run is 9.5 miles and that was just yesterday! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wings, I just mean beating someone,anyone! Esp Lady Zoom Smile
          Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! You've already got ME beat. Will that do? Smile

LOL It has to be someone in my group or it doesnt count. Big grin
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Then run the 5K next time - your 5M pace is faster than my 5K pace!

You got it! When is the next one???
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

First weekend in Oct. I'll make a reminder-announcement shortly before. See you there! Smile

As you know, I started running this May and weighed 252lbs, I am now at 219lbs! SO being 6'5" and weighing 219 I felt that I had to change my name from Fat Man Running to "The Running Man". I will miss Fat Man Running, just not the Fat he was running with! Big grin
                        I have changed my normal 5 mile run to an 8 mile run. Why you say? Well, I have found that by running a slow 8 miles my heart rate is actually lower than my 5 mile pace but I get in an extra 3 miles without any extra soreness. And since my goal is to get in better shape and lose weight the extra 3 miles should help acheive both. Big grin
                          Big grin Smile Wink Tongue Clowning around Cool Shy Blush Roll eyes Shocked
                          Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Smile Wink Tongue Clowning around Cool Shy Blush Roll eyes Shocked
                            Wow. Somebody's got a lot to say today!

To tired to type! Just kidding, everyone have a Great Weekend! Im taking the weekend off from running and will hit the road again Monday!
                                This will be the Month I run 100 miles! Big grin