Clif Bar Marathon Pace Groups (Read 533 times)

Hi everyone, I recently registered for my first marathon: the Twin Cities Marathon in October. I also signed up to run with the Clif Bar 4 hour pace group. Does anyone have any experience with the Clif Bar pace groups or pace groups in general? Is this cheating?
      Hi everyone, I recently registered for my first marathon: the Twin Cities Marathon in October. I also signed up to run with the Clif Bar 4 hour pace group. Does anyone have any experience with the Clif Bar pace groups or pace groups in general? Is this cheating?
      I haven't run a marathon or run with a pace group but I certainly wouldn't call it cheating. Unless maybe you rode on the pace group leader's shoulders.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

I came pretty close to signing up for one last year. I'm glad that I didn't - there were WAY too many people bunched up right around the pace group that I would have chosen. I hate running in traffic. I would imagine the 4-hour pace group would be pretty crowded too.

Go Pre!

Definately try to pace yourself. Less stressful. You can walk break when YOU want and as said earlier, it is way less crowded. That said you can head out ahead of the 4 hour pace group, and use them as a kick in the a$$ if they catch up to you! D
          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Here's a longer discussion about pace groups. In short, it's not cheating if you'll be running the entire distance. /forums/post/2fcfbb288cb947f6b385528423bbc884#focus