Best cold weather pants? (Read 191 times)

It's finally cold where I am, and my polyester/spandex is about to not be enough..

I can't spend a ton on running apparel, so what are some good pants to keep my gams warm? Smile

I would recommend Wool pants, but can't find anything online for less than $100.  How about layering your tights with normal running pants such as Adidas Response Astro Pants ($40-50).

~Mike

Brooks Utopia

the best.

Ready, go.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I would recommend Wool pants, but can't find anything online for less than $100.

I'm a sucker for anything wool. But I have some wool tights that I used once.  They got waterlogged from a light snowfall and I ended up yanking them up the entire time.  Which ones have you had good luck with?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Which ones have you had good luck with?

I unfortunately don't remember.  Ha ha.  It's been a long time since I've used them...

~Mike

Sporthill sells some very good cold weather running gear.

runmichigan

I personally prefer the Mizuno Breathe Thermal running pants.  They are a loser fit than tights.  They are made out of their breathe thermal fabric which when it gets wet actually generates some heat.   When it gets really cold/windy, i put on a pair of wind briefs under them instead of regular running shorts.

I use the C9 running pants from Target, they are something like $29 so you won't find much cheaper. I used them all through the winter last year, including a bunch of "more miles than degrees" runs (see other thread). My legs never really got cold; the key addition is the aforementioned wind briefs, to avoid the condition described in another thread.

Dave

Sporthill XC pants (3SP fabric) are great - windproof to about 35mph. When it gets close to 10F and below, I may use tights as base layer. I'll add windpants when it's windy (50mph and above). I believe Craft is the other manufacturer that has good pants (ski, bike, run) but have not used them. Pricey, but last for years.

When it gets really cold (-30F range), I'll use fleece pants under windpants.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

When it gets really cold (-30F range), I'll use fleece pants under windpants.

when it gets that cold... it's why treadmills were invented :-)

Holy for real, lol. Thanks all for the input, gonna check some of these out. I'm not a tights-only kind of girl, so looser pants would be ok.

when it gets that cold... it's why treadmills were invented :-)

an amazing likeness

Sporthill pants are the bee's knees.  I find the Voyage pants good down to about 20F, and the 3SP pants from the teens on down.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

NHLA

Saucony makes the best warmups. They have a tighter fit and very warn. They are by far the best selling pants @ Jus runnin' our local running store.

I'd recommend layering for the really cold days. Wear tights for base layer with windproof running pants on top. I bought two pairs of running pants at Marshalls for $16.99 each. Can't beat the price. They have a bunch of different brands (Asics, Under Armor, New Balance, Hind, etc.) I got the hind since they were the cheapest and so far I'm very pleased. I have tech running shorts and shirts by them and they have performed quite well.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I'm in a cold area too, and I'm poor lol, so I hear you.  I wear fleece lined tights, sweatpants or fleece pants, then a nylon shell pant.

Leah, mother of dogs