Marathon Plan app - adaptive (Read 43 times)

mk885

Hi

I am running my first marathon in November in Philadelphia

Started following the Higdon Novice 2 with 4 runs per week

My starting miles are higher (approx 25 per week- 5, 6, 5, 10)

I signed up for Run with Hal App and am wondering if any have used or if there are any other Marathon Plan training apps that others have used and found useful?

Also seems interesting to note that the Higdon Plan does not seem to taper or recover around the Half Marathon race during the training- I am thinking I will do a bot of both before and after and will need to adjust the long runs accordingly

Thanks in advance

Mike

Also seems interesting to note that the Higdon Plan does not seem to taper or recover around the Half Marathon race during the training- I am thinking I will do a bot of both before and after and will need to adjust the long runs accordingly

Not sure at what point you have the half. I usually do one 4-6 weeks out. I just taper a few days going in, and recover a few days coming out. Maybe adjust any midweek workout on either end, but the weekends (1 week before/after) are unaffected.

Dave

an amazing likeness

First of all...Higdon plans are proven, time-tested and will do a good job at getting you to a solid finish -- which is to say, trust the plan. Follow it. Secondly, Higdon has a lot (most) of the long runs start you on weary legs from the day before as he's trying to get you used to running your marathon pace on used, rather than fresh, legs.

The purpose of the half marathon mid-stream isn't to run your best half marathon, rather it's about testing your marathon pace training on used legs. He's getting you acclimated, or at least introduced, to the fatigue you'll feel after mile 18-20 of your marathon.  So keep in mind this half marathon is part of your marathon training, not an attempt to run your best half marathon.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mk885

Thanks for advice already

I am thinking of running Nyc half on sep 12 in Coney Island- this is 9 weeks before the Philadelphia marathon…

Anyone used run with Hal or any other apps with a marathon plan?

Thanks again

an amazing likeness

Anyone used run with Hal or any other apps with a marathon plan?

Hidgon plan, yes, a few times with good results.

App, no.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Ries65

Samsung galaxy J6 has too many distinctive choices that might resolve many things like interference or deleting the files, programming could offer you man errors thus i'd say asking to knowledgeable on www.college-paper.org/custom-term-paper.html give you rating and comparison regarding alternative web site so you'll select the most effective out of the many other.