Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

Feeling the growl again

Two days after the election, I spoke with somebody I know who is a marital counselor. She states that the day after the election, 5 (five!) couples came in with batterings that occurred as a result of the election.

And that before 11am.

Their vote was worth the same as your and mine...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Purdey

Self anointed title

is it "red coat" or "redcoat"?

It is either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_coat_(British_army)

Indeed, this is a picture of me before a particularly fine dinner in the Mess:

I'm guessing that you were one of these redcoats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlins_Redcoats

L Train

your face doesn't even make sense

Damn.

L Train

A few years ago some news organizations claimed that family violence was much higher than normal during the Super Bowl. It turned out to be totally bogus.

Seriously, that Tyree catch blew.

Seriously, that Tyree catch blew.

I was fine with it.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

People in 20 states have started petitions for their states to secede from the union.

Has this always happened, but pre-social networking we did not hear about this?  Is it new? 

I know facebook, etc existed in 2008 (and myspace and baby facebook in 2004), but it seems like stuff was different in 2012.  And everyone is pissed at someone because of some nasty political something that someone said in facebook.  "I had to defriend that person because he/she was being super annoying..."

What the hell is wrong with the country.  Secession?  Come on.

Facebook is evil. 

That is all.

(edit: not quite all.  I realize that the secession dealie is kind of a meme.  A very harsh version of the funny cat picture that spreads because social networking is what it is.  Still.  Come on.)

L Train

I was fine with it.  

This only reinforces my point.

Prince of Fatness

People in 20 states have started petitions for their states to secede from the union.

Interesting that I just came across this.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20121113_Petitions_want_Pa___N_J__to_split_from_U_S_.html

This is the key ...

the 8,500 people who had signed the two Pennsylvania petitions, for example, represent a minuscule fraction - about 1/10th of 1 percent - of the state's 8.5 million registered voters.

Also interesting to see a petition in NJ.

I'm not sure that there are any more people with extreme (for lack of a better term) views as in the past, but I think that these people are more vocal and take more advantage of the social media outlets.  Maybe.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

i heard that if a secession petition garners 25K signatures within one month of its initiation, the sitting president is compelled by law to respond, and furthermore, that texas as of yesterday had 23K signatures.

i have no idea if this is true, but it's what i heard.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

#artbydmcbride

I'm not sure that there are any more people with extreme (for lack of a better term) views as in the past, but I think that these people are more vocal and take more advantage of the social media outlets.  Maybe.

I think the crazies get more reinforced because we allow crazies access in mass media  *cough*Glenn Beck *cough*

Runners run

TheDroppingDead

your face doesn't even make sense

Lol

MoBramExam

Don't think we "allowed" it.  Think he bought and paid for it. 

I think the crazies get more reinforced because we allow crazies access in mass media  *cough*Glenn Beck *cough*

L Train

Don't think we "allowed" it.  Think he bought and paid for it. 

Which only happens if there is a demand for it.

Has this always happened, but pre-social networking we did not hear about this?  Is it new? 

Vermont and Texas are two states that I know have had secession movements for a long time. I remember studying the Vermont secession movement in college (in the early 1990's so way pre-social media.)

People be cray.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Texas has wanted to secede since before they became a state. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7