Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

It's not a party or president that is to blame for the economic issues. It's conservative ideology run amuck. Enabled by Clinton and "3rd way Democrats", put on Steroids by GWB and now being curtailed somewhat by a pretty moderate Dem President. 

So doubling something means that things are out of control?

The ARRA and PPACA still made it through.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

So doubling something means that things are out of control?

I didn't actually say a word.  All I did is post a picture. 

Why is it sideways?

It's all well and good that it happened on Bush's watch, except that it was Clinton who deregulated the financial markets and also began policies to drive home ownership rates.  Yes, Bush continued some of these poor policies as well. 

If you're going to say what is happening on Obama's watch is Bush's fault, the argument that Clinton is responsible for what happened on Bush's watch is equally valid.  Have a buck to pass?

Sorry, but this is a totally specious argument here, as obviously deregulation is neither good nor bad in itself. When Clinton did it, it helped the economy. Bush and his advisers failed to see the way in which speculation ran amok and how it was creating a bubble. I can perfectly logically say that intelligent deregulation is good at some moments then needs to be curtailed at other moments.

I didn't actually say a word.  All I did is post a picture. 

Oh.  So what does the picture mean?

Purdey

Self anointed title

This thread is classic. Thanks.

xor

I had to look up "cloture".

Why is it sideways?

To your pet peeve .... IMO the differences in the parties is a good thing ,,, I would not want it any other way,  I just disagree that it is solely the R party that is blocking progress.  Sure maybe it is not 50/50 with who is wrong but it ain't one sided.

The blame game ... that's a peeve of mine, and is why I post when I see "Bush's fault" instead of just keeping out of these threads like I should.

It's totally not 50/50. The Republicans have been consciously and aggressively obstructionist. They are totally open about it. Mobram, my brother, is psyched about this.

I addressed the second part of your post in my prior post. Deregulation is not good or bad in itself. It's a tool to be used in certain contexts and to be avoided in other contexts.

Meh. 

To me it means that over a 2 year period Senate Republicans consistently used an obstructionist maneuver twice as often as it had ever been used before. What does it mean to you?

Runners run

Purdey

Self anointed title

Wait a minute.... are we realising that not everyone will agree on politics? Nah. Thought not. FWIW - I don't give a monkey's about your election. I'm sad that the sub 3 marathoner didn't win though. He had a really great impact when he came over to Europe - funny guy.

Really?  OK.  Here is what I get pasting the exchange...

"R's have basically tried to block Obama at every turn as he has tried (admittedly in lukewarm fashion) to address it." - Jeff

"What was stopping Obama from 2009 to 2011?" - You

[insert picture] - Me

picture shows more filibusters during 2009 to 2011 then at any time in US history. 

Filibuster: An action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly.  - Websters Dictionary

Really?  OK.  Here is what I get pasting the exchange...

"R's have basically tried to block Obama at every turn as he has tried (admittedly in lukewarm fashion) to address it." - Jeff

"What was stopping Obama from 2009 to 2011?" - You

[insert picture] - Me

picture shows more filibusters during 2009 to 2011 then at any time in US history. 

Filibuster: An action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly.  - Websters Dictionary

Fair enough.  My point was that even if the Republicans are being obstructionist, the Dems were able to pass their major legislation (ARRA and PPACA).

To me it means that over a 2 year period Senate Republicans consistently used an obstructionist maneuver twice as often as it had ever been used before. What does it mean to you?

It means a lot of different things to me.  But I'm mostly unreasonable as we've found out already.

MoBramExam

It's totally not 50/50. The Republicans have been consciously and aggressively obstructionist. They are totally open about it. Mobram, my brother, is psyched about this.

(Removed) Nah, probably too offensive...not towards Jeff, just in general.

Voters had a chance to change all this a week ago Tuesday.  They did nothing.  Same cast of characters.  What results do they expect this time around??  Yes, personally, I have no problem if they do nothing.  Maybe it will cause more people to think a little bit before marking their next ballot.

Gerrymandering.