Obama won.. (Read 1497 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

are we still talking about this? 

apparently.

So.... you guys over in America just had an election huh?  Care to tell us about it?

Yes, Purdey, and some of us are not taking the results well at all.

Most have not resorted to violence, thankfully. But at least one Arizona woman blamed her husband for Obama's victory because he did not vote, so she did the most logical thing, really, and ran him over with her car.

Apparently she believed her family would face hardship due to Obama's reelection and so she solved that problem by making sure her family faces hardship due to her husband's lengthy rehabilitation and her own incarceration in prison.

She seemed to be unaware that Romney won Arizona by 200,000 votes and so her husband's vote would not have made any difference in the outcome. It's also not clear whom she blames for that haircut.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Police said there were no indications that Holly was impaired by alcohol or drugs during the incident.

At six months pregnant that would be the clincher.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Most have not resorted to violence

Two days after the election, I spoke with somebody I know who is a marital counselor. She states that the day after the election, 5 (five!) couples came in with batterings that occurred as a result of the election.

And that before 11am.

Was this in Tennessee, Trent? Are you sure that's not just a normal Thursday morning?

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

no, that's not normal.

normal thursdays in tennessee, you'd get more like 7 or 8.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

what?

that doesn't even make sense. 

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Purdey

Self anointed title

Purdey

Self anointed title

that doesn't even make sense. 

your face doesn't even make sense

"run" "2" "eat"

well played, you smarmy red coat! well played, indeed.

"run" "2" "eat"

is it "red coat" or "redcoat"?

Imminent Catastrophe

A few years ago some news organizations claimed that family violence was much higher than normal during the Super Bowl. It turned out to be totally bogus.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

"run" "2" "eat"

what was bogus - the claim, or the stupor bowl?

A Saucy Wench

Two days after the election, I spoke with somebody I know who is a marital counselor. She states that the day after the election, 5 (five!) couples came in with batterings that occurred as a result of the election.

And that before 11am.

I'm sure none of those couples had batterings before.  Ever.  Like when the toast got burned or she made him drink too much

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

is it "red coat" or "redcoat"?

Ringing those bells!

Runners run