Just call me Ms. Consistency... (Read 1352 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

By the way Zoom-Zoom, sorry for hijacking the thread! Undecided ************************************************* Now I'm REALLY sorry for hijacking the thread but I just was looking at who #169 was and he has a chip time of 39:06, while mine was 39:30....WTF??? I finished ahead of him in the pic....Any more experienced person want to explain that one to me? Surprised http://1stplacesports.com/ortega075mileres.htm
    Did he cross the start line after you by that much...? Don't fear the thread hijack--they're all in fun! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, are you from Jacksonville or just visiting for the race? I grew up there - parents and brother all still live out at the beach.
      but that picture is when my HR was at the highest I've ever seen....According to that math equation (220-age) my max should be 190bpm, but the peak at that race (5 miler) was 197... Shocked
      Don't sweat the math equation - they are just approximations. I'm 11 years older than you and hit 199 as a Max HR in a race this summer.
      Now I'm REALLY sorry for hijacking the thread but I just was looking at who #169 was and he has a chip time of 39:06, while mine was 39:30....WTF??? I finished ahead of him in the pic....Any more experienced person want to explain that one to me? Surprised
      That's very weird - his "final time" which I'm guessing is gun time is the same as yours. Sounds like either there was some kind of error or "final time" does not mean gun time. Was the race age-handicapped?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I don't think it was age-handicapped, but he was in another age category...I'm just curious about the times because that is my 5-mile PR and if it's actually faster than I thought, it would be awesome...Just a personal gripe I suppose... EDIT TO ADD: Bonkin, forgot to answer your question...Have been living in Jax for the last several years with my wife (born and raised there)...Living in Arizona right now, and she'll be coming with my son in March out here... I was born and raised in Nebraska...
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          Since it was chip timed it could be a difference of when you crossed the starting line...i've had weird things like that happen before...that or they screwed up LOL....that's always a possibility Wink
            I've never ordered any of my race pics, if that says anything...I actually like that one from the July race, but the race sucked and back in college that photog. ruined a print of mine that was showing in his gallery (ie the gallery that mommy and daddy bought him that is now no more)...no way was I going to pay for his work. k
            Years from now you'll wish you had it. It's a great pic, buy it. If you can't bring yourself to buy it, have Did did it.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Don't have any matching ones, but I've got one that looks like I'm being shot in the back by a sniper, right as I cross the finish line...
              Big grin I almost spit my apple juice out. That's hilarious.
              Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Years from now you'll wish you had it. It's a great pic, buy it. If you can't bring yourself to buy it, have Did did it.
                I don't think they are available anymore, unfortunately. I think they only had them for sale for 2 months after the race. But I did do an illegal screen grab of the proof, so at least I feel like I stuck it to that jerk a little... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Glad to be of service... Big grin
                  "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                    zoom I love your new avatar! Big grin
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoom I love your new avatar! Big grin
                      Heh, I loves me some box wine. Actually, my fave is pretty good...it's a SE Aussie dry riesling -- Hardy's Stamp of Australia. It's more $$ than icky Franzia, but less than buying a comparable wine by the bottle.

~ Sarah Kay

I should have known there had been a mention about boxed wine once I saw the avatar! Big grin

Michelle

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I can't believe you are racing with your sunglasses on your head...oh wait that is just the color-form add-in.
                          How else do you keep your hair out of your face?
                          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I had nearly the same thing at my desk, except it was water.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Another Passion

Sure it's hilarious... unless you're the one getting shot in the back by the sniper! Roll eyes Modified to add: If David didn't eat so many doughnuts... he might be able to outrun those sniper bullets! Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I keep coming back to the "sniper" photo and cracking up...I still cannot get over the contrast between Rick-being-shot next to casual-lady-who-broke-no-sweat. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay