Saucony Fastwitch 5 or 6 feedback (Read 48 times)

Smashy!!!

Anyone running in the Fastwitch 5 or 6? I'm interested in your feedback. Is it suitable for training? Or is it a strictly raceday flat?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Anyone running in the Fastwitch 5 or 6? I'm interested in your feedback. Is it suitable for training? Or is it a strictly raceday flat?

It's actually very similar to your Elixir

---------

xor

bhearn loves his fastwitch 4... and I think ran 100 miler in them (bob?) but didn't like the changes in the 5.  I'm guessing it was the lower drop that saucony has become fascinated with on practically all their shoes.

I have the 5s, and although I don't run in them every day, I have done regular ol non-race training runs in them up to 8 miles. (note, I didn't cap it at 8 miles because of the shoe... that's just where my run ended).  I don't think they will be as durable as some shoes, but they seem about as durable as Brooks Green Silence, and I get 400ish miles out of those.  From a "feel" perspective, they seem about as stiff as a Brooks Racer.  But with a lower drop.

I gave up on mizunos years ago so I have to back out when yall start going on and on about them.

bhearn

bhearn loves his fastwitch 4... and I think ran 100 miler in them (bob?) but didn't like the changes in the 5.  I'm guessing it was the lower drop that saucony has become fascinated with on practically all their shoes.

Yep, Javelina Jundred. Though my feet were hamburger by the end. The 5 and 6 are totally different shoes from the 4, based on the Kinvara platform, yes, with lower drop. I still have a stockpile of a few more 4s to work through before I have to find a replacement.