Route Mapping Request (Read 721 times)

I know it sucks that my first post here is a request so I'll apologize for that up front. I am very impressed with the training log here and would like to migrate everything over to this site. I am currently using mapmyrun.com for my route mapping and just logging on a spread sheet because I really am not a fan of their log. So anyway, I am always tinkering with my routes or adding new ones just as a way to keep things fresh. For as much as I find the log here far superior to mapmyrun, I have to say that the mapping tool here is lacking. The three features that I would like to see added to the mapping tool are, in no particular order: The ability to map full screen. When I go to search for routes the map defaults to full screen. Why not at least have the ability to use the full screen while mapping as well? The ability to view in Hybrid. This is also an option when I go to search for routes, so it's a fairly easy fix to add that to the mapping piece as well. A lot of my routes are partially on trails and parks, which are difficult to map with just the street map. The ability to toggle on / off a function that draws the route based on existing roads. At mapmyrun this is a simple checkbox titled "Follow Roads", and when checked it connect your new point to the last one by following the existing roads. This eliminates the inconsistencies that come about from trying to follow curves or bends in the road by creating numerous little points along the curve. Ok, nothing too drastic here. I'm familiar enough with the Google API to know that the first two are really just changing one line of code. The third would require a bit more effort. Thanks for listening anyway. Smile
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
      Hi anutherfinemess, You can switch between hybrid/Google Sat/USGS Sat/USGS Topographic map styles by using the maptype dropdown (on the map toolbar, the default value is "Map"). On the other features, we're approaching the finish line on our current log revamp so we're just trying to close out existing features at this point. The map version coming with the new log will add some more maptypes and update gmaps to a new version as well as some other little tweaks. A rewrite of the mapping code will likely occur soon after we ship the new log version with lots of new features (including the ones you asked for!). Big grin -brian
      Patrycia

Never mind - I should read further before I post next time.