Runner vs Dog (Read 1202 times)

Why is it sideways?

xor

Speaking of Michael Vick, the scuttlebutt/conspiracy theory is that refs are allowing defenders to cream him without the flags that would come with similar hits on Brady, Manning, etc.  Having watched a few Vick games, I really can't tell.  Dude could take off and run at any moment, and he's not a "I'll slide now" kinda QB.  But yes, he is getting the shit beat out of him.

Which is kind of awesome.

And at the same time, he's playing pretty darn well.  Which is also kind of awesome.

Why is it sideways?

I'm with you on all that srlopez. The guy does get totally creamed on a regular basis.

He is also one of those athletes that just bends perception when you watch him play.

I'm sure Vick would like to own several dogs.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

C-R

He's probably moved on to roosters by now. Less O&M.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm with you on all that srlopez. The guy does get totally creamed on a regular basis.

Similar rumor regarding Roethlisberger.  I just recently heard that in 13 games this season, opposing teams have not once been flagged for roughing the passer when Big Ben is in the game.  Considering how many times Roethlisberger gets hit, that's some amazing control by those defenders.

(Maybe the Steelers ought to sit James Harrison down with them, so he can learn something.  Or maybe Harrison ought to just pummel Roethlisberger.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I had a different responmse this morning.  I woke up to go for a run and the dog, my dog, won.  She must have gotten a tummy bug because there was a good mess on the carpet.  Fortunately it was a throw rug type carpet.  I rolled it up complete with its contents and disposed of it.  I then had to clean the floors and ensure that cujo was good to go.  So my run was postponed until this afternoon.  Gotta love it.

On a different matter when I was a younger kid out for a run one day a neighbors dog chased me.  In an effort to get away I jumped into the back of a truck that belonged to one of my friends dad.  The dog figured out how to get in with me but not before I grabbed a loose screwdriver I used to defend myself.  Traumatic event for me but I was raised in the country by a dad who always taught us that pets and livestock were second to the human race.  I got bit a few times in that episode but nothing too serious.  The owner of the dog was thankful I was alive and not the least bit upset at me for doing what I had to do.  They were upset about the lose of their pet but not about the situation.  Maybe the lady in the OP was just as relieved and not upset at the gentlman for defending himself.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

heh.  ben roflcopter?

roflcopter

The shirtless wonder

The owner wants criminal charges against the runner.  This dog owner is just another dog owner that gives responsible dog owners a bad name...assuming there are any (I'm starting to wonder).

mta: actually the article says the fiance of the dog owner thinks the man should be charged.  But the article also says that the cops don't care (more or less). 

Oh I hope, Peggy sues (haha).  Counterclaims, baby! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The owner wants criminal charges against the runner

If an owner charges you, you need to do your best to play alpha.  Run towards its owner, staring him in the eye and screaming or yelling loudly.  Be as agressive as you can muster.  If the owner keeps standing there and/or doesn't control the dog, do exactly as the man in the story did.  Try to get the owner by the neck and throw all your weight onto him.  In natural settings, alpha runners exert their dominance by grabbing dog owners' necks and pinning them down, so you want to emulate that. Remember to scream at him over and over, "weird, I never do this".

If an owner charges you, you need to do your best to play alpha.  Run towards its owner, staring him in the eye and screaming or yelling loudly.  Be as agressive as you can muster.  If the owner keeps standing there and/or doesn't control the dog, do exactly as the man in the story did.  Try to get the owner by the neck and throw all your weight onto him.  In natural settings, alpha runners exert their dominance by grabbing dog owners' necks and pinning them down, so you want to emulate that. Remember to scream at him over and over, "weird, I never do this".

Is this a three-peat in the same thread?  Well played, sir. 

Feeling the growl again

The owner wants criminal charges against the runner.  This dog owner is just another dog owner that gives responsible dog owners a bad name...assuming there are any (I'm starting to wonder).

mta: actually the article says the fiance of the dog owner thinks the man should be charged.  But the article also says that the cops don't care (more or less). 

Yeah.  Love the Monday morning quarterbacking on this one by the owner.   Hold it down without killing it??  How on earth would you possibly control such a large dog EXCEPT by around the neck without getting ripped apart?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jfa

I'm sure Vick would like to own several dogs.

Well, just one for now. You know, just  to get started.

Carl A

Yeah.  Love the Monday morning quarterbacking on this one by the owner.   Hold it down without killing it??  How on earth would you possibly control such a large dog EXCEPT by around the neck without getting ripped apart?

Stick your thumb in its eye?

(Note: A person should use this strategy only when faced with grave danger.)

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.