Golden Corral: Say it ain't so! (Read 344 times)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Buffet = Big Ugly Fat F*ckers Eating Together

Nuff said.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow this. Good stuff.

You people have issues 

Wing

Joggaholic

There is a Golden Corral that opened up nearby about a year ago. I thought it was great for the first 6 months or so, when the place was clean and the price was good. Now I don't like going there anymore, not because of the food, but because it has started to smell like a gym's locker room...

YAYpril - B-Plus

We just had one open around here and in the first week there were reviews it was filthy. You'd think they could keep it clean for a month at least. Pass.

There's a GC by me, but I've never been there. Quite frankly, I'm a little afraid to go there. Lol.

We went a couple weeks after it opened because hubby was excited about wing night or whatever. I won't go there again.

kcam

"wing night".  Heh.  I've learned never to fall for their (meaning chain restauraunts) advertisements again.  They are good at it.   Last time I got suckered in was at an Applebees a few years ago.  They were advertising a new Quesadilla Burger.  Damm did that thing look good on TV.  Like a good sheep, I dutifully forced the wife to accompany me there for a Q-Burger.  It sucked.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I had an Applebees quesadilla burger once, years ago. I wasn't impressed.

Mysecondnewname

Almost a decade ago my parents took the family to an Old Country Buffet, which I put in the same category as Golden Corral. It was some of the worst food I've ever tasted compiled into one place. At least the ice cream was edible. We've never been back.

In a separate grosser story, I once ordered one of those natural iced teas that need to steep at a local restaurant and halfway through dinner I sucked something weird and hard into my mouth through the straw. I pulled it out out of my mouth and I swear it was a toenail. I was young and was shocked and embarrassed by it so I didn't tell anyone and just threw it on the floor quick and didn't drink anymore. I know... weird reaction. I wish I would have done so much more. Steeping toenails in the iced tea... so wrong. I hope I was mistaken. I told my parents at a later date when they suggested going to eat there again and my Dad then shared that he's seen the kitchen and it was disgusting. "Then why did we ever go there!!!?"

Not as gross as your story, but I once bit into a crab cake at Joe's Crab Shack and found a 1 inch long piece of metal in my mouth.

I politely called my server over and discretely showed him the metal.  The manager came over and he said: "Oh, that must've come from the grill brush that we use, I'll get you another crab cake"  No apology, but I did receive a replacement crab cake, which was cool with me (things happen, after all).

I wasn't going to say anything else.  However, when it came time to settle up, I discovered they charged me for the extra crab cake.  They acted like it was a pain when I asked them to please take it off the bill.

That kind of bugged me, so I ended up writing the company a brief email and they gave us a gift certificate for $50, so it ended up OK.

Outside Lane

Buffet = Big Ugly Fat F*ckers Eating Together

Nuff said.

That's Golden!

See how they run...

I've got a story that tops all of these.  I once saw somebody eat a McRib.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Feeling the growl again

Not as gross as your story, but I once bit into a crab cake at Joe's Crab Shack and found a 1 inch long piece of metal in my mouth.

I politely called my server over and discretely showed him the metal.  The manager came over and he said: "Oh, that must've come from the grill brush that we use, I'll get you another crab cake"  No apology, but I did receive a replacement crab cake, which was cool with me (things happen, after all).

I wasn't going to say anything else.  However, when it came time to settle up, I discovered they charged me for the extra crab cake.  They acted like it was a pain when I asked them to please take it off the bill.

That kind of bugged me, so I ended up writing the company a brief email and they gave us a gift certificate for $50, so it ended up OK.

LOL.  I haven't eaten there in 10 years.  Nasty nasty nasty.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

I have no idea what a Golden Corral is.

And it sounds vaguely dirty.

+1

LOL.  I haven't eaten there in 10 years.  Nasty nasty nasty.

I've eaten at Joe's Crab Shack one time.  Too expensive for what you get if you ask me!  I'd rather eat at a "local" seafood restaurant for less, and skip that whole corporate chain thing.  (Party of 5, me, wife, 3 kids, over 12 so no kids meals, and the bill was over 80 bucks!  F(bleep)ck!

As to Golden Corral, I like it as well, and while 'Dirty" things have happened at some local Golden Corrals apparently, same could be said for most chains.  Jack In The Box and their bad meat, Taco Bell and the silverfish in their food in the past, Pepsi-Cola and their syringe in the can incident, KFC and their "Deep Fried Rat" incident, and even locally, my favorite restaurant, Cracker Barrel where a person claimed to have found animal parts in their meal in our local VA restaurant.

I am happy to report that Cracker Barrel did an investigation +  found that the person brought the animal parts in + was trying merely to file a lawsuit, so it was proven the customer did it.

--- End Conclusion:  Just cook at home most of the time:  Its Cheaper, the food is being cooked by someone who cares about how it is cooked, and you have the satisfaction of making your own meal anyway!

But if you do eat at Golden Corral:   Stay away from the Chocolate Wonderfall.   Hundreds of kids up there looking at it throughout the day?  What do you think the odds are that a large percentage of them didn't "double dip"?  DeadBig grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞