MY FIRST RACE - DONE (Read 703 times)

Runnner

Yesterday I completed my first real competetive race! Big grin It was the Feast of the Blessed Sacrament 5k. I completed it in 25:37 (8:16's) and placed 91st overall. In my 14 + under age group I placed 3rd. I ran much faster than my mother and I were expecting. So I'm happy. Yes
    I run becuase I want to...
    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats! First race and you placed. That is impressive.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Congratulations! That's an awesome time. Smile

Michelle

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Good stuff! I bet you can't wait for your next race now. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Runnner

Yeah I read something before I ran the race which turns out to be true, it really did inspire me to want to run more.
              Great job, Sharpie!!!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

JakeKnight

Dude. Nice time for a first 5k for anybody ... pretty amazing time for your age group. Do you run track in school? Speaking of your age group ... it only took me 348 5k's to win an age group award. And it was a stupid key chain. And you did it on your first try. I'll bet it was a big trophy or something, too. I'm so jealous.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Runnner

Nah it was a medal. I don't run track in my school. I used to in my old school but didn't try out for track in the one i attend now. My mother's fiance got honorable mention for the top 10 in the country for his age group (50-59) so he ran ahead and stopped and waited with me the whole race and wouldn't leave me alone. I also was bumped out of the first water stop Undecided I had another 5k when I was like 7 that i ran alot and i got first in my age group but mysister pushed me in a shopping cart alot so i don't consider that a race for me..

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Way to go Sharpie! Impressive race - Congratulations on placing too! Smile
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run
                    redleaf

congrats sharpie on a great run! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362