Marshall University 1/2 M. (Read 513 times)

I'm proud to announce that once again, finally, I ran a smart race. The finish line clock read 1:35:19. My former half-marathon PR, set in April of '97, was 1:35:59. I don't have a huge story to tell except that I ran a well-paced race and achieved a goal I was capable and deserving of. My splits were between 7:07 (miles 2 & 11) and 7:20 (mile 8). The Garmin showed I ran 13.16 miles and I did the last .16 in 1:04 which is a 6:40 pace. At that point, Sugar (DW) was in the stands of the stadium crying tears of joy and I was so pumped I could have ran a 11 second 100m. I also won my AD by a large margin.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Congrats on the awesome finish and the PR! AND the AD win! Great day for you!!

Another Passion

Nicely done, Ray! Congratulations!

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

va

Ray, Great performance! Congrats!
            That is very, very impressive. I'm curious what your running history is, beyond what you wrote. When did you start? How fast were you then? How long did it take to get as fast as you are now? Congratulations on all of it-well run race, PR, AD win.
              That is very, very impressive. I'm curious what your running history is, beyond what you wrote. When did you start? How fast were you then? How long did it take to get as fast as you are now?
              A nutshell history is like this: I started running in March of '94 just to lose weight. At the urgence of my daughter, then 11, I began studying the sport of long distance running. I did my first race in March of '95 and my first marathon in October of '95. I set all my current PR's in '96 except for the 13.1 which was set in '97. That's the one I just broke. My others are 5k - 20:02, 10k - 42:28, and marathon 3:22:16. I stopped running once in October of '00, restarted again in June '02, stopped again in Jan '03, and restarted again in June '03. I try to train smart, but I'm not a high mileage person. I've only had maybe 4 months in 13 years that exceeded 200 miles. 2000 (1996) was my biggest mileage year followed by '05 @ 1842 and '97 @ 1800. This year I'm at 1588 TYD so I'll probably finish about 1850-1900. Feel free to ask questions if you want to know more.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Congrats on the awesome PR and dominating your age group, Raymond! That's great! Also thanks for your history I like reading about where others came from to get to where they are.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, Ray! That's really excellent...I can't imagine running so fast! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yay, Ray! That's really excellent...I can't imagine running so fast! Smile k
                    In the summer of 2003, I made the decision my best races were yet to come. This is the first of my 10-11 year old PR's that I've broken. I was on track in the spring/summer of 2005 but a herniated disc problem that finally shut me down the whole summer of 2006 set me back a bit. I'm on track now I think.