Recommendations for weight lifting dvds for women (Read 1227 times)

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to get some dvds that just focus on toning/ weight lifting. I'm not talkin' huge weights or anything either, just maybe even hand weights to make it more practical. Hubby has a bench and weights, but it'd be a major hassle to lift the weights off the bar every time I wanted to use it (I'd kill myself) much less use the bar (probably kill myself with just that thing! LOL). I have a bunch of videos but they all have aerobics between little sets of lifting. I don't need any of the aerobic stuff. I also have weightlifting books, but I just want to follow somebody on a dvd (more fun and I can just go on autopilot!) Big grin Anyone have any that they really like or have worked well? Thanks in advance!!
      I don't have any (never have used any) though I know zoomy has a girl she really likes. Here is a link to a post zoomy posted http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/918619c3c59745a0a19b276497d1fa99

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, I LOVE Cathe Friedrich's videos (cathe.com, though I recently bought one on eBay for about half price). Tamilee Webb has a good starter one, too, "I Want That Body." Cathe's Muscle Max is great and I just ordered her Supersets/Push Pull DVD. I have heard good things about her Pyramid Upper and Lower body workout, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Pam! I was hoping but didn't think you used any videos. You, by the way, are my inspiration!! Wink I know I have those ripply abs in there somewhere... I WILL find them!! LOL Kirsten, I went to the cathe site. I was thinking these had lots of aerobics stuck between, but they don't seem to have too much...only a few minutes at a time. I have an exercise ball, bands...no step though. Actually, I had one and never was interested in using it so sold it in a garage sale! Wouldn't ya know. Let me know what you think of the Push Pull. The others that caught my eye were Butts & Gutts and Core Max. Actually, they all look pretty good! And pretty darned intense! I'd definately be willing to give them a try as long as there aren't long aerobic intervals inbetween the weights!! I like Tamilee Webb too. I have her older videos...you know, Buns of steel, Abs of steel, etc.! I'll have to check her new stuff out! Thanks!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, Cathe does have some that are more aerobic (LOVE her kickboxing stuff, loathe her step stuff, since I am a klutz), but others that are strictly weight work, like Muscle Max. The step is really useful to have. In Muscle Max she uses it as a weight bench, for reverse push-ups, as well as a platform for doing glute work with the band. When it's not in use it's by our front door and we use it to sit on to put our shoes on and off, LOL! I really love the barbell set I bought to use with her DVDs, too. It's a Troy--pretty much the same set she and the gals use in the videos. Not super $$, but perfect for it's intended purpose. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

check out the workouts on crossfit.com, check out there video 's explaining the exercises and its all free