Toronto Waterfront Marathon (half for me) (Read 497 times)

Go Pre!

First off, the record for a marathon run on Canadian soil was broken today (2:09:30) and the women's course record was broken so it was an exciting event. You couldn't ask for better weather. 7:00 AM start, 60F at the start 65F at the finish. Sunny with a nice cloud cover. Fairly flat course with a few bits of rolling terrain. I had a PR of 1:42:21 for the half despite being dog tired (no taper or rest for today's race as I am still training for a marathon - 3 weeks away) I started out on pace for 1:35:00 but at about 12K I started fading and coasted in so as not to beat myself up as I head in to taper time. One of these days I will train for a half with proper rest and taper and see how low I can go Smile There ya go, short and sweet....next report, Marathon #2 from Columbus OH. ciao D MTA: This was the first non daddyo-family race event in a while. The mrs and our daughter will be running the 'other' Toronto Intl Marathon event in 2 weeks time and little Cammy and I will run the 5K that day Smile
      Congrats on the PR! Sounds like perfect weather! Did you get to see the Marathon finish? Pretty exciting race all around. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Go Pre!

Congrats on the PR! Sounds like perfect weather! Did you get to see the Marathon finish? Pretty exciting race all around. Smile
        Could see it on a jumbo video screen, the finish was blocked from view as we had made it to the food tables by then.

Another Passion

Congratulations on a great race! Good luck in Columbus!!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com