The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

The Donger wants ads for Hello Kitty products.

I would click on HK ads. 

But I am not opposed to paying for a membership either.

Good luck with everything!

The Donger wants ads for Hello Kitty products.

Well, of course.  But really, calling me a donger seems pretty harsh.

Joking

Amy

fljones3

Eric,

Since you are doing ads, please have a pay option to turn them OFF. I am more than willing to subscribe (depending on costs) to use the site. Its great. Congratulations on going full time. Look forward to its enhancements.

Frank

flatfoot

Eric, congrates on getting married!  Keep up the great work.  Sorry about the job.

A paid membership side without ads would be cool, and for thoes who dont want to pay they get ads.

Thanks for the great running log!

jojajogger

Count me in as an ad clicker, too!

xor

Well, of course.  But really, calling me a donger seems pretty harsh.

Joking

Heh.

Ok, ok.  I was not calling YOU a donger.  I was referring to myself as "The Donger", like the dude in sixteen candles.  Often after a race, Dirtygraceflint will text me and ask how I'm doing.  The answer, lifted from the movie, is almost always "The Donger need food."

In this case, The Donger would click on Hello Kitty ads because he knows that The Dragon would get a kick out of it.

redleaf

Very cool Eric!

I promise to click ads, would pay for an app etc. Big grin

Has the donate button been taken down for now? I actually read this and went looking for it on the main page but it wasn't there and I didn't want to use the link above in case I wasn't supposed to be using it anymore. PLEASE let me know thanks.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Best wishes, Eric!  You've already done a great job with this site, can't wait to see what's next!

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said.  You have created an amazing site here.  I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavors - business owner and husband.

Thank you for your dedication and devotion to this special running community.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said.  You have created an amazing site here.  I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavors - business owner and husband.

Thank you for your dedication and devotion to this special running community.

+1

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric - thanks for being so honest with us all. This is the best Running Log on the internet (in so many ways) and I fully support whatever it takes to keep it developing for our benefit.

Ads are a small price to pay for such a great site and as others have suggested a 'pay to switch Ads off' option could be very interesting.

Thanks for all your hard, unpaid, work in the past and I'm looking forward to all the new things in the future!

Neil G

UK

Running ... just keep running!

lagwagon

As a relatively new user I not only agree with your decision, I thank you for it.  I love the site and read your note today expecting it to break towards reduced support. it'll be great to see what you do...

I'd be happy see relevant adds, esp if they dont destroy your easy and simple layout, which i find in stark contrast to other popular running forums (seriously, some are pretty bad imho). 

sign me up for a gold membership too (I like these models like mediamonkey or lastpass/xmarks)

I think you have a tremendously marketable product here, and you're going to have great success with the site.  best of luck. and congrats on the engagement and new job

s

A Saucy Wench

Whew!  Those first 7 sentences nearly gave me heart failure.  I mean I am not running.  Or logging.  But damnit I might want to again someday!

Bring on the ads!  I see a whole  2 1/2 inches of white space on the right side of my screen that seriously needs some decor.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Gotta TRI

Kudos to you and for all you have done for all of us here over the years. I can only imagine how much better the site (which already rocks!) will become with your full time attention. FYI, my favorite part is uploading my runs directly from my smartphone, but seriously love it all. Nothing but support and maximum respect here.

Andy

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon