The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

runlouierun

Hi Eric, Thanks for such a great site - I'm exclited to see what plans you have for it for the future.

Do what you gotta do, we'll all still be here!

BeeRunB

Good luck with this, Eric. Ads are cool with me.

Don't even need a choice to delay them. Just put them up.

I was wondering when you would get around to it. There's

all that empty space! You deserve an income from all the hard work.

I hope you make a million bucks.

If you sell out to Active.com, I take it all back. Cool

Just kidding. If you get a chance to do that and it makes you a ton of cash, do it!

--Jimmy

p.s. Congrats on your engagement.

ParadiseIsle

I've only been with you 5 of the 6 years and but you've never let me down.  Keep up the good work.  Do what you have to do!

Dog-Love

Hey Eric...good luck on the changes.  Congratulations on marriage and if you need any running advice on how to run with a wife who is faster,slower, doesn't run, or anything else...I know an awesomse running log that has all the answers and some are really funny.  I think I will hit the donate button because I think it has been awhile since I have!!!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          LLJONES

Thanks for everything you've put into the site - it has really helped me in my quest to become healthier and happier.  I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but one thing you might consider as you restructure the site is giving the option of allowing members to "gift" special features to other members by buying something on their behalf. For example, allow me to buy an ad-free account and apply it to my running buddy's account (perhaps as a congratulations gift for achieving a milestone of his, or a thank-you gift for helping me achieve a goal of mine). I've seen this model work on other sites, and it makes sense in a community like RA where people come together to support each other. Thanks again for everything, and best of luck!

HappyFeat

Congratulations on your engagement, Eric! I wish you a long happy marriage.

Maybe your job loss was the necessary evil for you to allow you to take on your RA dream job. We will support you in taking whatever steps you have to so the site and you can make a go of it. I am More Than OK with paying a subscription fee. I'm sorry I haven't donated more regularly in the past. The site has been an invaluable source of support and encouragement, problem-solving, and just plain Fun for me, as well as the best running log I could imagine. You are an amazing, generous man and we appreciate you sooo much!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Oh Eric,

you are just the best!

I can´t say enough how much I enjoy the work you did in your free time and how "Running Ahead" and his features levered my fun in running.

Thanks for all the time you spent, the effort (physically, financially and - of course - mentally) and the mass of good ideas you put in this Running Log.

I won´t even complain if I had to pay a little amount each month to use this service - although I like the fact, that it is free ;-)

However you decide to change the Log: I wish you all the best. For your log, for your business and of course for your marriage :-)

Keep on running and thanks again for all!

Stefan from Berlin (Germany)

BTW folks, if you click on the ads occasionally, Eric : ) will get paid...

Some will pay you for impressions as well. Careful with the clicks, as site I used got 'banned' from google ads. Apparently the clicks formed a pattern (certain users logged on a certain time of day, click an add, then did the same thing the following day, and so on). As if that's my fault? But they 'banned' me nonetheless Tongue

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

an amazing likeness

Congratulations Eric!  Both on your upcoming wedding and on your decision to make RA more than your full-time hobby.

At the first post on page 5, Tramps has written a reply to which I pretty much say "ditto".   I can't stress enough how much one of the key elements of the special sauce of RunningAHEAD is the intoxicating combo of clean UI and deep functionality.  I've seen enough crap to know that your site's clean, elegant UI is something special.

I hate ads. I hate them on the web, I despise them embedded in services, and I avoid sites that use them heavily.  For example, I avoid espn.com because they auto-play videos, I don't want to reward that behavior.  I will avoid products who advertise heavily. I run ad-blocking software in my web browsers.  Well....you get the picture.

I will gladly pay memberfhip for an ad-free site. 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Tuoniao

Eric, thank you so much for your dedication to the siteSmile Good luck and do what you have to do. Smile

Eric,

I have only recently discovered this site. You have done a wonderful job and I will support the site,ads and all.

Best wishes,

Brian

frank777

Congratulations Eric!  Both on your upcoming wedding and on your decision to make RA more than your full-time hobby.

At the first post on page 5, Tramps has written a reply to which I pretty much say "ditto".   I can't stress enough how much one of the key elements of the special sauce of RunningAHEAD is the intoxicating combo of clean UI and deep functionality.  I've seen enough crap to know that your site's clean, elegant UI is something special.

I hate ads. I hate them on the web, I despise them embedded in services, and I avoid sites that use them heavily.  For example, I avoid espn.com because they auto-play videos, I don't want to reward that behavior.  I will avoid products who advertise heavily. I run ad-blocking software in my web browsers.  Well....you get the picture.

I will gladly pay memberfhip for an ad-free site. 

+1. I dislike ads, and would be more than happy to pay a subscription to choose an ad-free site. But I guess the final decision is yours, and you have to do what feels best for you. But, like so many others, I'd like to say a big thank you for this site. I've tried many other online running logs, and Running Ahead is miles/kilometers ahead. We really appreciate your wonderful work.

Frank

Sydney, Australia

jules2

There is an expression that springs to mind "beggars can't be choosers" so whatever you think is best go for it Eric and you have my full support.

You have reminded me I must send you another donation.

By the way to show the things RA can achieve we Brit's have discussed organising a "get together" in London during next years Olympics so any RA members who come over can meet up.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

By the way to show the things RA can achieve we Brit's have discussed organising a "get together" in London during next years Olympics so any RA members who come over can meet up.

We have?

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

oldntyred

Ads are no great hardship for such a fantastic training tool. Smile