The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

I don't use mapmyrun because of the ads. I would rather pay reasonable membership fee.

freckles

Thanks for all your work Eric! I would pay to be a member in here as the support i get from the other runners is crucial to me. time to donate again!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

angel luis

Enhorabuena por la página, llevo usandola mas de 2 años, fenomenal.

Te deseo el mayor de los éxitos en tu nuevo futuro.

Cuentas con el apoyo de todos nosotros.

Saludos.

Titch

Not a problem, I have used this site happily since the day I started running.  I recommend it to many friends as I think it is  great site.  You have given to us it is now our time to give back.   I will keep on using you no matter what as this is a great site.  If you had to put a small subscribers fee on I would still use this site.

Thank you for your dedication.

Hylke

I lover your app and will continue using it. It works great. But to be honest, I am willing to pay for software I use on a regular basis. As I have paid already for other app's. I hate for example the banner in angry birds. I would not mind paying  $ 2,- for it to go away. So maybe it is a good idea to keep providing the app for free, but give users the option to download a payed version that contains more tracking, sharing and comparing functionalitys.

p.s. could you please also add running speed next to pace?

keep up the good work

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Thank you for all you have done for this site.

Good luck with your exciting new future.

I look forward to seeing where this goes, and even though ads can be a pain at times, like many of the other people commenting, I will continue using this site, and probably will click on some ads too :-)

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

Doc, my tooth hurts

I love this site and have used it since I started running 4 years ago. I will continue to use this site even with ads. I love the idea of paying a membership fee to get rid of ads, which I would gladly pay.  If people wanted to use the free site then they would have to see the ads.  

leschneid

RA is a great site and I will support you on your project to bring it to the next level.

PS: Have you ever though about providing it in other languages (like French)?

me

I'll make a contribution.  This is a great site.

Anne

You have done an amazing job with the site Eric! I will continue to use it regardless of what you need to add or change in the future. The training log has added so much value to my running and I can't imagine not having it. I haven't only used it because of the lack of ads, but I honestly think it's the best app out there for runners. Keep up the great work, and best of luck in this endeavor!!

jeffdonahue

Bring on the ads, membership fee, whatever...

you have to do what is right for you and I think this thread shows that everyone here supports what you have done for us and hopefully will continue to do in the future.

Thanks for everything.

Prince of Fatness

Eric,

This "hobby" of yours has sure made a lot of people happy.  I appreciate all of the work that you have done.  Change is inevitable.  Do what you need to do.  Whatever the outcome, I will still have a passion for running, and that is due in a large part to the community here.  I have faith that you and this community will make things work.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Not at it at all. 

The way you announced this and worded it shows that you are truly a class act.  I love using Running Ahead and will continue to do so.  I'm glad you're going to be able to make your hobby your job and look forward to all the new goodies you will have to offer!  Congrats on this new step!!

Double IPA Please!

Im late to this but wanted to add, this is an incredible site with incredible  people. Had it not been for your site I would have not had the opptortunity to learn all I know about running, but, most importantly the chance to *meet* here or IRL some incredibly wonderful people who are now a part of my life. There is no price big enough to pay for that.

I support whatever you do, ads, no ads, membership fees etc..no matter what. Thank you. It's been almost 4 years of coming here now for me and it's lke second nature. Keep on keeping on.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Oh roo roooo!

I'm late getting on also, having been out of town.  I agree w/those who say do whatever you need to do, but I would gladly pay a membership fee if it kept the ads off the site.  Either way, I would not consider going anywhere else--nothing is as good as here!  Wishing you the best of everything in the future and thanks for all you have done already.