Running Tattoos? (Read 8683 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone have any? I wanna see! I'm thinking that maybe after completing the 25k next Spring with backroadrunner that I will add some new ink, probably on my ankle. I found this little guy and have been playing a bit in Photoshop with him (he was just solid green): That's pretty much me...slow, but enthusiastic! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Cute! I've been thinking of a winged foot above my ankle. Don't know if my husband will go for it, though. He hates tattoos.

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My hubby isn't wild about tattoos, either...but I still have 2. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RoadtoBoston

After running Boston last April I got a tattoo on my calf muscle...it's the Boston logo off the finisher's medal (a unicorn) with the words "Boston" and "26.2" underneath it......I get all sorts of comments about it including "was 26.2 the date of the race or your finishing time???.......
          ...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth....
            Dh and I got one on our right Calf after running the Philadelphia Marathon last November. Lets see if I can get this to work. Here it is

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I've had several people say WOW you finished in 26.2 minutes? I WISH lol I think the only time I ever get anyone who actually knows what the 26.2 means is during a run or at a race expo.
              After running Boston last April I got a tattoo on my calf muscle...it's the Boston logo off the finisher's medal (a unicorn) with the words "Boston" and "26.2" underneath it......I get all sorts of comments about it including "was 26.2 the date of the race or your finishing time???.......

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

He's cute!
                Anyone have any? I wanna see! I'm thinking that maybe after completing the 25k next Spring with backroadrunner that I will add some new ink, probably on my ankle. I found this little guy and have been playing a bit in Photoshop with him (he was just solid green): That's pretty much me...slow, but enthusiastic! Big grin k

I may have to "borrow" your idea lol. Would ya mind? P.S I think I corrupted my dh. He didn't get his first tattoo until he was 34. Now he has 2 which are identical to two of mine.
                  Cute! I've been thinking of a winged foot above my ankle. Don't know if my husband will go for it, though. He hates tattoos.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Dh and I got one on our right Calf after running the Philadelphia Marathon last November. Lets see if I can get this to work. Here it is
                    That's an awesome tattoo! I'm too capricious to have body art, but if I must have one, it'll probably be identical to RoadtoBoston's. Nothing beats that Unicorn and 26.2.
                    RoadtoBoston

...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth....
                        I get all sorts of comments about it including "was 26.2 the date of the race or your finishing time???.......
                        I must admit that I have been wondering too.... until I realized that for most of you, a marathon isn't 42 195m, but 26.2 miles...

Running in Belgium
                        Ann

Sluggard

I'm very pro-tattoo, but my wife isn't. She sees it as a waste of money and kind of redneck-y. I insist it's not a redneck thing but an "I'm so ****ing hardcore" thing, but what are you going to do? She once said that I could get another tattoo if I got anchors on my arm like Popeye (I was a sailor at the time.) When I finally said, "yeah, OK!" she came back with the waste of money argument. But.... If I ever was insane enough to try a marathon, I would insist on getting some "fresh ink." Thanks for the idea. I now have one reason to do it. I would encourage anyone else to do it, too.

Prophet!

a more appropriate tattoo for an (American) scientist marathoner would have 26.21874999993 ...then again..a true scientist would use the metric system

50 halfs by age 50

I found this thread looking for ideas for tat #2. Here's #1 right after it was done: I have some issues with my foot so I'm not sure I'll be able to do another full. I can still comfortably do the half distance, so I'm looking for some ideas for a 13.1 tattoo. Thinking about a phoenix...my life has totally changed since I started running.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

I think that, for a runner, the outside thigh is an awesome location for a tattoo. I noticed that Ryan Shay had one and (as long as you where running shorts) it is noticeable while running and easy to cover up other times. <usout147>