Importing additional data to existing entries (Read 66 times)

cpmagin

Hi everyone and eric,

I started to use RA in march 2012 - since than I'm uploading my tcx-files and make additonal notes (weather conditions, equipment etc). This is fine.

Before starting to use it I uploaded a csv-file (including my manual notes) to get all my previous runs from 2007 up to RA. When I now try to add information from the relating tcx-files I'll get duplicated entries. So in the end my run stats are not in order.

I'm looking for a possibility to merge the gps-data (maps, lap and hr data) in the tcx file to the existing entries in RA - which include my notes (so deleting the existing ones and uploading tcx-files is no option, because than I'll loosing my notes).

Hopefully there will be a solution.

Christian

eric :)

Hi Christian,

The system is not designed to merge data from distance sources into one workout.  I don't currently plan on adding this feature because I doubt many people have a need for this.  I suppose you can write a custom app using the API and add data that way.

eric Smile

cpmagin

Hi Eric,

thanks for the hint - I'll digg into it. Sounds not too complicated Wink

Christian

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You can manually merge gpx files, if you mess with the tags - I've done that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

cpmagin

There are over 700 entries - too much for me to handle it manually Shocked

cindyruns

There are over 700 entries - too much for me to handle it manually Shocked

Just curious what you ended up doing?

In addition to the standard GPS coordinates that come with the TCX/GPX exports, I'd also like to maintain my notes with each run, my shoes used, the weather, etc...so it seems like I need to use the custom csv option and/or the API.

More details in a separate thread here:

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/5a0c4e456cc34d6fb2a5a4aa35a0986d