Awesome tshirt contest! (Read 1706 times)

I need a break from Forensic Evid, so please entertain me ... most awesome race tshirt? This is from Dreaded Druid Hills 10K Course Description: First 5K is fairly flat with some very gentle rolling hills. Next 3K contains at least seven killer hills in the back roads of Druid Hill Park. The last 2K is flat, but who cares at this point, most runners are ready for the race to have been over a long time ago. This is a very challenging event. The hills in the back of the Baltimore Zoo seem relentless with their curves and seemingly never-ending elevation gains. The runners run around Druid Lake, exit, then take on the Mansion House Loop. Back behind the Jones building, and then they enter the back of Druid Hill Park. In a two-mile stretch of a 10K race, runners discover at least seven significant hills.
    2009: BQ?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That is a great shirt! Is it technical? I know another GREAT race shirt from 2006, and I hear the 2007 shirt will be even better. Just sayin'
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is a WAY cool T-shirt. I like the logo that the GR Marathon has been using, too: Very simple front logo, not too big, name of the event down one sleeve (black technical top...was navy the previous year), sponsors on the back, as usual. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That is a great shirt! Is it technical?
          It is! The woman's is sleeveless and kind of shorter, the men's in short sleeved. They also do a Winter Solstice race (front side of the park, not nearly as hilly) and also do the Celtic design tshirts. Here is the one from last winter: long sleeve, half zip, technical, sweet. and isn't race going to have sweet posters?
            Here's one of my favorites. Team Ortho, a fund raising group of orthopedic surgeons and other health care professionals, has held a Halloween Monster Dash in Minneapolis the last two years and this is the shirt.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay. I just could not resist. Back, with the wing tips stretching to the shoulders: Front, with each runner having their own name: Long sleeve technical fabric.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent, that is, by far, the coolest shirt design I have ever seen! Does it glow-in-the-dark? 'Cause that would be extra super cool! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The 2006 shirt did not glow. It is an idea that has rattled in my head for 2007, but I am not sure how well the ink will show on this coming year's shirt. The 2007 shirt is a tech fabric that is very silky and will come in a different color. We will see...
                    Okay. I just could not resist.
                    Love the shirt, Trent!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Very cool shirt Trent ... that, combined w the poster ... could be enough to convince me to run your crazy race Big grin
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh, also a different font in 2007. Wink
                          Trent: if I get a shirt, does it say "Trent" on it too? Wink

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Front, with each runner having their own name
                            Trent: if I get a shirt, does it say "Trent" on it too? Wink
                            Wink So, yes!
                            Jeffrey

We liked the art used on the Vancouver Marathon. (Artist: Rande Cook) Our 3 year old immediately recognized it as a frog ... took me a minute to figure it out! This shirt was a cotton short-sleeve and was included in your race packet. Technical fabric shirts were for sale as a pre-order (and at the expo) but they did not have the frog graphic; they used a copy graphic "BMO Vancouver Marathon".
                                That is a WAY cool T-shirt. I like the logo that the GR Marathon has been using, too:
                                That's funny - a race in the US that uses the Maple Leaf which is widely recognized as a Canadian symbol.