How old are you really? (Read 781 times)

For those of you who haven't heard of this site before and have a little free time, check this out: Real Age It'll give you a little quiz, mainly health related, and then tell you what your "real" age is according to how you answered. I found it pretty interesting and for some of the areas where you're lacking, it has some good suggestions! If nothing else, it's fun!! I'm 40 but according to the quiz, I'm more like 34.6! Oh yeah. Big grin So how old are you??!!?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll be 34 in less than 2 weeks, but I believe I scored in the mid-late 20s when I took that recently. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'll be 34 in less than 2 weeks, but I believe I scored in the mid-late 20s when I took that recently. Big grin k
        Go Zoom Zoom! (And happy pre birthday!)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm 30.3 According to RealAge.com I'm 23.5

Bring it on.

I'm 24, but according to the test I'm 16. Maybe that would explain why I still usually get carded....
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm 24, but according to the test I'm 16. Maybe that would explain why I still usually get carded....
                I still get carded once in a while. Usually when I don't have my son (almost 6) with me. I guess they figure a woman with a kid that old has to be at least 21. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

dillydoodles

Thanks Joni, It's been a long time since I took that test. It was interesting because I had registered there maybe three years ago so when I logged in to take the test today my answers from the last time were there as a default setting. I didn't have to change too many of the answers, but I did find out some things that I wasn't consciously aware of. I used to mainly do strength workouts in the past and hated cardio, so I used to only do the bare minimum of 30 minutes, three times a week. Now that I've been running since last summer my weekly cardio minutes are really high, but my strength training has dropped off. Recommendations for me were... Increase whole grain intake 6 to 11 servings a day. (Presently I eat about 3-5 servings/day.) Increase intake of unsaturated fats (mono- and poly-unsaturated). (Presently I'm not eating enough fat!) Increase strength-building exercises to 90 minutes a week. (Presently I do about an hour ~ 30 minutes, twice/week.) Increase social support network (friends, family, and religious and social groups). (Presently my social support network is "solid but not excellent". I guess hubby and I need to get out and party with our friends and family more often!) I don't know about the 6 to 11 servings of whole grains/day. That seems like a lot to me. I guess I probably could have a little more fat (boy ~ I don't like the F word). I average about 25% fat in my diet, but sometimes it's closer to 20%. They recommend 30% (or less). However, I'm not 54.8 years old ... I'm only 46.9!!! That would sound "scary old" to many of you, but I'll take it, LOL! ~ Arlene

Now that was a bath...

Well I am 35 and my age came in as 34.9 - lol. Of course my drug addict past and years of smoking bumped me up in age. Hey I am happy with that though. When you've done what I've done to your body I'm just happy to be here and healthy. I have a photo of me weighing 120lbs (almost 30lbs less than now) and looking like death just before I entered rehab and for a girl of 5ft 10 that's pretty disgustingly thin. Like Zoomy though I look much younger than I am to other people and I still get asked for ID when I buy liquor! You have to be 25 here to buy without ID so I get very excited when they ask me, lol. It's also good having a 16 year old daughter because nobody believes that she is mine. Sometimes I think that the reason I look so young is that heroin keeps you in a sort of suspended animation for years. I only had one facial expression for the nineties and that would be best summed up as relaxed and dribbling. Good wrinkle prevention Wink I have been so lucky though to still have my health. Many of my friends back in London are still on heroin/crack and it tears at my heart to know this. Every time I run I am grateful for the opportunity. Claire xxx
                  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Remember ... you only get old on the outside. The inside can remain young. Neil Smile ps I came in at 45. I like this website. Smile

Running ... just keep running!

im going on 22 and for the test it said i'm 14.5! haha- no wonder nobody takes me seriously!!! Tongue
                        "The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost
                        Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I took this test a long time ago. I forgot what my real age was, but I did remember that I was penalized with a couple of years for not drinking. I think this test is created by the wine industry.
                            I've just taken the test and been told that I exercise too much!! It suggests I cut down a little to avoid excess oxidisation. It also recommends that I spend more time involving myself in religious and other social activities.
                            Paint your life in bright colours.
                              Calendar Age 24.8 Difference -6.6 My RealAge 18.2 Does this mean I can be a wild crazy college kid again? Big grin
                              2009: BQ?
                              bas

I have been so lucky though to still have my health. Many of my friends back in London are still on heroin/crack and it tears at my heart to know this. Every time I run I am grateful for the opportunity.
                                I'm deeply impressed that you managed to get away from all that. Like I wrote before, you are strong! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East