energy gels (Read 731 times)

ivyC

Anyone here ever tried E-gel. If so how do you like it?
    mikeymike

I've used them. They're kinda big and hard to shove down on the run, but I've used them with some success for a few long, hot runs where the extra electrolytes made a difference. If it's not really hot I think I'll stick with Gu from now on though. The 100 calorie packs are easier to carry, easier to get down while running.

Runners run

xor

Makey my tummy hurty. That said, I know a couple people who like them a lot. Not my thing. And, yup, the packages are big.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I thought the Gu was hard enough to get down. Kind of thick.
          dukefan86

I've found the chocolate GU gel to be pretty thick (kinda like pudding) and harder to get down on a run, but the other flavors are lighter and easier to get down. Vanilla Bean is my favorite GU gel so far, though I usually go for SportsBeans on long runs, not as sticky.
              The chocolate power gels are the thickest, the couple I've tried had peanut butter consistency. Shot blocks are thick but dissolve in your mouth fairly quickly.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

xor

I think (but I could be wrong) that the original poster is asking about a brand of energy gel called, specifically "E-gel". It's made by Crank. It has a lot more electrolyte goodness... that's the E in E-gel... than regular gel. The packages are a lot bigger and I think it is runnier. Though I tried it hot weather conditions when everything is runny.

Crank is my gel of choice. It is larger and heavier than most energy gels, but also packs in half again as many calories. They also don't have any flavors with caffeine so I don't have to worry about which kind I grab (this is important to me.) My body does well with them, so that's what I use.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)