Turkey Trotting (Read 867 times)

Finished!

Well, I went out for my "Virtual" Turkey Trot last weekend after coming back from a couple days of hiking, and just got in a groove... Decided to extend the run and wound up doing just over 7k! a little slower pace than I had hoped for, but there was also a Killer Hill that I didn't anticipate (this being the first time I'd been on that "course") Still, It was the furthest and longest I've ever run Big grin Virgin Race day is less than a week away...and I can't wait!
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Cool! Big grin ps - Virtual Turkey Trot closes midnight tonight (EST) and results should be out shortly afterwards. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG!!! Hills aren't so bad...I kinda like 'em, actually. Big grin A great run like that really helps psyche a person up before a race. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

lol - I kept trying to tell myself "hills are my friends, hills make me strong" but towards the top of that unexpectedly large hill (nothing like the Monkey hills) and now that I look at the elevation profile, it shouldn't have been that killer (the elevation thingy says it's only 150 feet gain) and a rough estimate puts it at 7% grade...but towards the top there, it felt 1) like my legs were going to fall off 2) like I wasn't jogging, but walking funnily up the hill with my arms bent like i was jogging
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin It does take some time to apreciate the gift they give you... Wink Tongue

Cryptic

I love hills they are your friend. Every time I get to the top I am looking for the next one some times out of fear I will admit but I always refuse to let them beat me. Yay for hills!

Finished!

LOL - I have just realized that I have topped 100 miles since I first started running (well since I started logging my runs anyhow) Granted, with the talk about a 1k mile club, that isn't too much - but it's certainly a start! Big grin
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats on your first 100! Cool

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Next thing you know you will be looking at a 100mi month! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Hey a big fat congratulations! Well done . It feels great doesn't it to achieve something like that. I'm glad you posted this. I am having a bad day after a bad run this morning and it's great motivation to read and remember how great it feels when it all goes right. Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Finished!

thanks guys Big grin it really is amazing. LOL and it shows that every little bit adds up!
                        Walk + Jog = wog.

You'll ruin your knees!

Gobble, gobble! Dang, you're closer to 150 than you are to 100! Way to go, woohoo and woot, all rolled into one cheer! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)