Garmin 310xt - foot pod question (Read 36 times)

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

My old Forerunner 305 would detect the foot pod and would ask me if I want to use it indoors. The new 310xt is paired with the foot pod, but does not ask that question. And the one time I tried to use it on the TM it didn't come anywhere near accuracy. Do I need to go in and change my settings manually every time I want to do a treadmill run? Or am I missing something?

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

zonykel

My old Forerunner 305 would detect the foot pod and would ask me if I want to use it indoors. The new 310xt is paired with the foot pod, but does not ask that question. And the one time I tried to use it on the TM it didn't come anywhere near accuracy. Do I need to go in and change my settings manually every time I want to do a treadmill run? Or am I missing something?

No, the 310xt automagically knows you are indoors using the foot pod. What you may need to do is calibrate the foot pod. Also, take into account that treadmills go out of calibration too. And one last thing: if you haven't changed the foot pod battery in a while (say, a year), then it may be time to do it.

bluerun

Super B****

Why would it know automatically you're indoors using the foot pod?  You still have to manually turn off the GPS.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Why would it know automatically you're indoors using the foot pod?  You still have to manually turn off the GPS.

That is what it looks like. I am just a little puzzled that the 305 made it as simple as answering 'yes' when it asked me, and that the 310xt doesn't do that.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Tim_Easterday

My 310XT would ask me if I am indoors sometimes but not all of the time (footpod or no footpod - it's a matter of having a GPS signal or not). It's not very consistent at all. And the footpod does require calibration.