1st half marathon (Read 850 times)

Thanks for the info guys. I really need it. I'm also used to running in 85 + degree weather and believe it or not it's 30 degrees here is SW Florida. Surprised. Although by the weekend it will be in the 60's thank god. I can run in that weather. I'll let everyone know how I do.
      Good luck! Make sure you have fun! Smile for the cameras, cheer with the crowd for other runners, give little kids high 5's, take in the scenery and have beer when you finish. Can't wait for your race report! Sara
        Ok gang, here are my results. The race I ran was the River, Roots, & Ruts HM in Alva, Fl. It is a mountain bike trail which means it had about 8 hills that you had to walk up because they were so steep. I hit "the wall" at about 10 miles right where the hills were and I couldn't get out of it the rest of the race. I came in 4th in my age group out of 12 people. 125 overall out of 250 people. and my finishing time was 2:22:55. I wanted to finish before 2:30 for my 1st one and I am pleased with my results. Blush
          Congrats on your first half marathon! I just did my first last year and I remember what a good feeling it was.

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

The race I ran was the River, Roots, & Ruts HM in Alva, Fl. It is a mountain bike trail which means it had about 8 hills that you had to walk up because they were so steep.
            My first HM was also on a course that had some pretty tough hills late in the race, so I feel your pain. I've run it two more times, but I think I'll be scouting out a nice flat and fast course for my next attempt. Nicely done, keep up the good work!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.