Best Running Clothes!! Is it More Skin or Less Skin? (Read 546 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'll just get my wife to sew one of my singlets to my shorts, so that going to the bathroom gets 100 time harder, add a few pockets, and call it good…

BTW, I've been running nearly 40 years, and have chaffed just about everywhere possible. But never a wast band. Is that really an issue?

Sorry for busting in without any further ado, but here I go:

I've also been running for about 40 years, so I can relate to getting chafed at the most likely and unlikely places. And I do easily get chafed at the waistband. My spine sort of sticks out below the waist, and there is absolutely no fat under my skin there to cushion it, so when I run more than maybe 5 or 6 miles, and the waistband is not smooth, but has these little folds from a sewn-in elastic, I get chafed. If I don't apply a bandaid, or duct tape, it can even become a huge open sore which takes a week to heal up, or longer.

Run for fun.

Still kicking

So that begs the question: Would you wear the "runsie" that was reviewed in the video, at your next race, to avoid the waste band chafe?

The idea actually isn't so bad. Triathletes and cyclists figured it out years ago, so it's nothing new. But using Joanne's latest nightgown print in a female spring jump suit, and telling a guy to wear it to run in… is quite a stretch.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

Oh good lord, at first I thought it was serious. Then the dude showed up with the girlie runsie, and I though oh, now I get it, it's a joke. But he did such a good job with a straight face that I started having doubts. By the time the piece was over, I still couldn't figure out if it was a joke or not. If someone knows, please tell me.

see if you can guess on this one...

Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI2OBReZXJ4

Still kicking

That looked painful … but would go real nice with a Runsie...

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

So that begs the question: Would you wear the "runsie" that was reviewed in the video, at your next race, to avoid the waste band chafe?

The idea actually isn't so bad. Triathletes and cyclists figured it out years ago, so it's nothing new. But using Joanne's latest nightgown print in a female spring jump suit, and telling a guy to wear it to run in… is quite a stretch.

I would try a runsie if it was designed differently: really no waist whatsoever, just like a huge T-shirt, but more form-fitting, and maybe for women with a skirt and attached shorts. Wait, that already exists. It's called a tennis dress. 

Seriously, I've been asking myself if a tennis dress would be appropriate attire for running?

I run mainly on trails, far out in the middle of nowhere, so who cares what I look like - don't ask about my fashion sense for winter running clothes, these might be a blaze orange hat, green jacket, yellow mittens, pink pants,...  

Run for fun.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

sportkilt.com

Runners run

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Seen at the Hyner View Trail Challenge 2013

Run for fun.

I would try a runsie if it was designed differently: really no waist whatsoever, just like a huge T-shirt, but more form-fitting, and maybe for women with a skirt and attached shorts. Wait, that already exists. It's called a tennis dress. 

Seriously, I've been asking myself if a tennis dress would be appropriate attire for running?

I run mainly on trails, far out in the middle of nowhere, so who cares what I look like - don't ask about my fashion sense for winter running clothes, these might be a blaze orange hat, green jacket, yellow mittens, pink pants,...  

I totally run in a tennis dress. It covers as much or more than a tank and shorts. It's lightweight, comfortable, & washable. What's not to love?

I also run in the brightest colors I can find & they're not always matching.  Perhaps you shouldn't take fashion advice from me.

I kind of thought the runsie was cute. Yep, definitely don't take fashion advice from me.

semajdunn

weather.com allows me to pick the park I want the weather for.  When I check the weather it suggest what I should be wearing.  I don't follow their advice for what to wear but that is a place to look if one needs that kind of advice.  When they show a raincoat, I usually strip down as close to naked as is legal.  My skin is going to get wet with sweat.  May as well let the rain wash me as I run.  A rain jacket would just hold it all in and make me hot.

Tiefsa

Since I'm a teacher, I have to wear clothes when I run now.

NH

Experiment with different things. This woman managed to pace the leaders at New Haven on Monday for a few seconds in a very fashionable manner.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          IAMMAI

We've made a self-cooling workout tee!  No chemicals and the cooling properties don't wash away

http://www.kck.st/1kBriKC

bhearn

More skin. I recommend a cape.

More skin. I recommend a cape.

Nice look for you. Rock it if ya got it- Right?