RA workout data does not match Garmin (Read 259 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I'm still working on this problem.  It stems from the file format itself being not standardized.  Different companies (Garmin, Timex, other websites) store data in different ways.  Some put all the laps before the GPS data.  Others put them all at the end.  There are still others that intersperse them amongst the GPS data.

The information in the laps vary greatly.  Some lap data are complete, with start and end points.  Others are sparse, just the start time.  Creating an importer to handle all these combinations gets more complicated as more manufacturers start using this format.

The bottom line is I'm still working on it.  Hopefully it'll be completed in a few days.  Sorry about the delay.

eric Smile

If you need additional data, I can send you my Garmin files.  I'm seeing this same problem with my Forerunner 220 and RA.

I've been having this problem too. What I've noticed though is that it only does it when it does the auto-upload from Garmin Connect. If I download the TCX file from Garmin connect and upload it manually, the laps/distance is correct.

eric :)

Hi all,

I deployed the fix last night.  It fixed all the problems I've seen in the files you've sent me.  If you are still having problems, please send your sample FIT files to support@runningahead.com and I'll take a look.  The swim workouts from 910XT are still not imported properly.  I started looking into the data last night and couldn't make sense of it.  I will continue to work on it.

eric Smile

Thanks Eric!

Test for me will be tomorrow, when I plan a programmed interval workout, which has been generateding an extraneous lap at the end.

There is still the issue that when graphing pace vs. splits, it uses total elapsed time rather than running time. I guess this fix was not intended to address that?

Dave

Francois Nel

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into this issue.  The problem is that the lap data is in disagreement with the data points.  Could you send me the problematic data file(s), and describe the following:

- expected distance

- expected duration

- approximate stopped time

- anything else that's relevant.

I'll see if I can find out why there's a discrepancy.  Thanks!

eric Smile

I am still experiencing issues (even after the fix). Look at the following entry of 21 July, which differs from the entry on the watch (Garmin FR620):

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/77174b2de5774612af69f3c5c0f25621/workouts/1d2e0167314247b98cddeaff0e8e9445

It is the exact same entry uploaded to Garmin and Strava which match the entry on the watch:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/839721091

https://www.strava.com/activities/350592772

I reloaded it today with the original FIT file from Garmin (drop box link).

You can also get the original FIT file from the watch (see drop box link).

For some reason the same entry originally uploaded on the 21 July did not have a time or map data, and that made me delete the entry and upload it again today. Here is the link to the original entry (now deleted, but I'm sure the ID in the URI will have meaning to you).

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/77174b2de5774612af69f3c5c0f25621/workouts/18f8cb728b2349f4ba8ea68d8a540074

Julia1971

Eric, I'm still getting the extra lap, too.  I'll send you the .fit files.

Test for me will be tomorrow, when I plan a programmed interval workout, which has been generating an extraneous lap at the end.

OK. Not exactly the same issue, but still an issue. For my 8/25 workout:

- Watch display: 11.13 miles in 1:35:33 (8:35 average pace)

- RA split data: 11.13 miles in 1:35:33 -- each lap matches exactly

- RA workout summary: 11.1 miles in 1:39:29 (8:58 average pace)

Extra time was added to the total, but no extra distance, and the extra time is not shown anywhere in the split data. I did stop the watch a couple times - bathroom stop for a few minutes in the first lap, stop at a traffic light I think in the last lap. Total workout summary time may in fact reflect total elapsed clock time. But if you can make me faster rather than slower, I'd appreciate it.

I can send you the .FIT file.

MTA: I went in to edit the workout and clicked the "Auto sum Intervals" box, and that fixed it.

Dave

This is a dumb question but how do I capture my .fit files?  I'm having major issues with Garmin Connect/Express, and from browsing various chats, see that I'm not the only one.  The maps and elevation info is missing from some of the runs, so I have quit using Connect/Express.  I've started using Strava but I hardly ever run with my phone so I would like to be able to import my runs there from the files.  Thanks!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

This is a dumb question but how do I capture my .fit files?  I'm having major issues with Garmin Connect/Express, and from browsing various chats, see that I'm not the only one.  The maps and elevation info is missing from some of the runs, so I have quit using Connect/Express.  I've started using Strava but I hardly ever run with my phone so I would like to be able to import my runs there from the files.  Thanks!

Connect your Garmin to your computer via USB, and it will show up as a device like an external drive. Then you can browse the directory, the .FIT files should all be listed with file date corresponding to activity date. This is how I upload my runs to RA anyway.

Dave

shu_runner

I'm having this issue.  Run is showing 35:18 on RA and 34:48 on my garmin.  First time I've noticed it so I guess I should go back through and check a few more recent ones.  I'll send the .fit file.

MTA: It also added a random .06 distance interval, making my total 4.3 instead of 4.25 that was recorded on my Garmin.